2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Thelwell.

We've seen that this board over many transfer windows are prepared to purchase players amongst themselves.

They knew the state we were in and could easily have made transfers happen.

We didn't sign anybody because the owner / Kenwright didn't want us to.
I agree with that but it still also paints Thelwell as a compliant yes-man who banks his salary and keeps quiet.

I don't blame him really and even if he left, he would do so with a confidentiality clause no doubt.

The club does need a whistleblower in some sense though, or I'll say did, as the horse has bolted.

Someone who says "I can't work under these conditions".

A 7 mill bid for Giroud, a 35 mil bid for Sarr, a 20 odd mil bid for Beto and Sulemana. Maybe we did have money after all and kopite kev just can't close a deal
You'd think being one of the biggest names in the business and with his years of experience at Prestonelona and New York Madrid he'd be a dab hand and sealing deals for the top names. Or players from the second division.

I agree with that but it still also paints Thelwell as a compliant yes-man who banks his salary and keeps quiet.

I don't blame him really and even if he left, he would do so with a confidentiality clause no doubt.

The club does need a whistleblower in some sense though, or I'll say did, as the horse has bolted.

I think that's exactly what he is. It's hard to see a proper recruitment setup ever working here under the current ownership model as too many people want input every time we do a deal.

That's easy to say but how many people walk away from high-paid positions that don't love the club?

Asking a non-evertonian to walk away on principle and give up his income is super-unrealistic.

The only person responsible is the decision maker... That's at the very top of the pyramid.

Focus all attention on the head of the snake.

Danjuma clearly jumped off the ride once Lampard was sacked...absolute stupid timing.
Think it had something to do with Spurs coming in last minute tbh. Relegation battle or fight for Champions League.
Danjuma scored in his first game for Spurs ffs.
Don't judge him on the fact he's scored a whole one goal in a game they'd already won. Have you even seen it? Scuffed in off his heel. Total fluke.

Hi Kev, it would be nice to hear from you today with an explanation of what went wrong/what went well in the January window.

Kev…

Kev…

Are you there Kev?

Kev?
"I'm sorry Mr Thelwell is currently unavilable because of an emergency in his colouring-in book only a blue crayon can fix. Please check back again next week. Thank you."

I understand if Plan A falls through but B, C, D to Ayew.
kt.jpg

"A is for Ayew, B is for Ben Johnson, C is for Kamaldeen Sulemana, D is for Dan Juma..... - haven't you read my eleventyfivehundred point plan?? All the letters are in there!"

The mental gymnastcis some people can come up to justify and excuse this jokers complete and utter ineptitude is mind boggling.
Agree but cant say it is all his fault, should have bern on loan deals drom the very start of the window and trying to push deals thru. But again is 3 Dof who have been thru the club now something is wrong. Was listening to the bobble yesterday said he tried for gurassi and another got them ready for lampard and he said no on them. While he wanted broja the adadms but then the club settled on maupay then, even the choice of manager dyche-bielesa both opposite. He also said has done alot behind the scenes to improve the club, nobody is free from blame at the club but you have to start at the top and go down

We could have the Albert Einstein of DoFs and he'd still be able to sign four-fifths of five-eighths of bugger all because of two things -- first, the fact we're neck-deep in a relegation battle means any player halfway decent will take a pass as they'd want PL football; second, the absolute clown show of a board that led the club to the brink of relegation in the first place. Nobody willingly gets admitted to an asylum.

That's easy to say but how many people walk away from high-paid positions that don't love the club?

Asking a non-evertonian to walk away on principle and give up his income is super-unrealistic.

The only person responsible is the decision maker... That's at the very top of the pyramid.

Focus all attention on the head of the snake.
Thelwell is very much part of the neck (if snakes had necks) though.

He's trying. But he's rubbish.

I'm fairly confident he'd be replaced by competent owners.

Even people I've spoken to who are insistent on defending the recruitment team/DoF (which is fair and I agree with them) also acknowledge they're very far from sold on him.

He's probably a decent judge of a player. The evidence suggests however he hasn't a clue how to finalise a transfer because the only deals he got over the lines involving fees were for McNeil and Maupay, and their clubs wanted rid of them.

We also spent weeks on end with the nonsensical pursuit of Idrissa Gueye when we desperately needed a centre forward.

My instinct is that he has been promoted well above his level

Organised clubs with decent technical directors have players lined up the second a big money sale is completed. Kevin Thelwell waits instead to deadline day (or at least the final week) before we chaotically start throwing darts at the board and hope one hits the bullseye

Status
Not open for further replies.