January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get it, but what I want is someone to be accountable for this mess. Thelwell infront of cameras explaining the strategy, why we left it so late why are are in this position.

No money, tell us. No players suitable, its a lie, but tell us the rational for this.

Am bored of this club getting away Scott free and not having any accountability, what's happened since before the World Cup has been embarrassing.

Lampard should have gone after the Bournemouth games, Richarlison should have been replaced properly, We should have had players lined up the moment we knew Gordon was leaving.

Regardless of anyones opinion on Gordon, we are considerably weaker now.

A decade of awful recruitment, which is absolutely 100% no better, a decade of zero future planning for managers and players. Yet this is all the fans fault.

The club are pushing a lot of fans close to the brink... the club are an embarrassment.

They have waved the white flag, and it feels like they almost want relegation now.

1675242069496.png

Our wings are so weak.

When we’ve reached the point that there is videos doing the rounds of “fans “ chasing and abusing our own homegrown players out of the Club why would anyone want to come here ….we’ve reaped what we’ve sewn
Did the Players in the previous 3 weeks guess it was going to happen and not sign ?

….I just wonder how this will play out. Can see the media being fed the ‘everybody we approached turned us down’ line.

Fans have every right to feel angry but we must control protest and not play into the Boards hands by giving them ammunition to blame fans. It’s difficult, but fan groups need to have a joined-up approach and prove the ineptitude.

Everything is against us, I can even see us increasingly get more bad refereeing decisions. The only chance we have is to have a siege mentality and fairly fight for our top flight existence.

The fan’s reaction increases concern for me. I know fan even me is angry with the board but our reaction would affect the players. I still hope we can stay at PL. Our team can still get points. Lets Support our player and manager.

When we’ve reached the point that there is videos doing the rounds of “fans “ chasing and abusing our own homegrown players out of the Club why would anyone want to come here ….we’ve reaped what we’ve sewn
Shut up you blert .
Players around the globe get far worse Roma, Naples ect does that stop players going there.
I knew you would get posters on here peddling this bollocks today.
It's the fans fault ect
no time for the likes of this crap.

The fan’s reaction increases concern for me. I know fan even me is angry with the board but our reaction would affect the players. I still hope we can stay at PL. Our team can still get points. Lets Support our player and manager.

There is a clear directive from the people planning protests mate.

Support the team, protest against the board.

Very little has been said during the games, even in the Southampton game, the bus was supported, the team supported through the game. However the onus is on the players to show something to get the crowd up for it, its always been to the players on the pitch for that.

No-one was going to Finch Farm yesterday, so the banners outside about the board would have effected no-one.

Support the team, but this mess has to stop, silence is no longer an option

31 days in the transfer window and we’re messing around putting in stupid loan bids for Sarr at 10pm. Trying to get Giroud on the last night of the transfer window.

How difficult is it for the board to understand they should be working on deals on the 1st of January? When has leaving it till the last possible second to ‘get a good deal’ ever worked!?

I don’t believe they can be that incompetent. If they’ve honestly waited till Gordon was sold to start bringing people in then forget the championship, we’ll be in league 2 in a few years with this lot.
The reality Becks is that Thelwell should have been identifying realistic targets in the proceeding months, having been honestly briefed by the owner and board of the budget available, sounded out the relevant agents & got some feedback. Then proactively and professionally ensured the players were recruited and available for selection at the earliest opportunity. Of course, if there are layers of deceipt and dishonesty, phoney soundbites and contempt at various levels then the club ends up bereft of signing the right quality of player (or sadly any player). Who would have believed the club would sign NO players, just sell! It's a scandalous demonstration of connivance, ineptitude, and promoting disdain for the club's reputation and the loyal supporters, culminating in the continuing demise of OUR great club. We can only hope for three teams to implode more than Everton.

Shut up you blert .
Players around the globe get far worse Roma, Naples ect does that stop players going there.
I knew you would get posters on here peddling this bollocks today.
It's the fans fault ect
no time for the likes of this crap.
It clearly is partly the so called fans fault … you can’t be abusing players on their way home out of the ground … a young lad making his way aswell … let ourselves down …why would anyone want to come here and be subjected to that ? …. One week we love a player next week want his head on a stick

Connor Gallagher ran a mile the moment he heard we were interested … why do you think that is ? Jesus imagine he didn’t hit the ground running … he’d be next in his eyes .. until the whole dynamic of the fan base changes nobody half decent will come here again … enjoy chasing players and abusing them in league 2

Second week of January that happened … weren’t gonna sign players with no manager installed
Ok so players in the previous 2 weeks guessed it was going to happen ?

You’re actually blaming the fans , who I’m not defending, for the total ineptitude of this football club Genuinely ? Weird how the fans managed to get positions in boardrooms at various clubs and reject offers made by the board , kidnap thelwell and convince him to bid for a player like Giroud who already rejected us years and I mean YEARS before this incident and plays every week anyway .

It’s incredible of all the people to blame for the Total shambles that is Everton You’ve zeroed in on the real culprits . The ones who’ve take a football institution and dragged it down and down until it’s a shadow of what it once was . 10 kids shouting “LAADDD” and jogging next to a car . With skills like that the plod are missing a trick not sweeping you up .

Connor Gallagher ran a mile the moment he heard we were interested … why do you think that is ? Jesus imagine he didn’t hit the ground running … he’d be next in his eyes .. until the whole dynamic of the fan base changes nobody half decent will come here again … enjoy chasing players and abusing them in league 2

Because we are the worst run club in the league only heading one direction.

However, we didn't bid, it was agents putting stories out.

Until the whole dynamic of the club changes, you mean surely, because the mess we are in isn't the fans fault.

Was it the fans fault last year dragging us out of it? or did you think the bus support and welcomes where intimidating too like the press are now flipping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.