January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long term debt still has to be paid...its like a mortgage which in the case of the stadium could easily be 15 to 20 millions per year.

It does have to be paid.

We have fixed a lot of costs for the stadium.

You will not use transfer funding for that. It would be like saying you use your wages to pay off a mortgage instead of eating.

Not watched Gyokeres enough to really have much of an opinion. I do like the idea of a big man that can dribble and beat a defender 1 on 1.

Perceived lack of pace is a bit of a worry though, considering how slow we already are. I understand people are saying he isn't necessarily slow, just isn't pacey. Unfortunately most clubs in the PL (except us) have pace spread around the pitch, including at CB. And yes Kane isn't particularly fast, but he is immaculate technically to a level we can't really expect Gyokeres to be.

With that said if we get a couple of pacey wingers in I would be a lot less concerned about this.

It does have to be paid.

We have fixed a lot of costs for the stadium.

You will not use transfer funding for that. It would be like saying you use your wages to pay off a mortgage instead of eating.
Love your analogy...because with the cost of living crisis many do choose to pay their mortgage and use food banks for a lot of their food shopping. And the club is facing similar crisis...no free money anymore from usmanov and moshiri does not have the wealth to support free spending...probably barely has enough to keep things turning.

Not watched Gyokeres enough to really have much of an opinion. I do like the idea of a big man that can dribble and beat a defender 1 on 1.

Perceived lack of pace is a bit of a worry though, considering how slow we already are. I understand people are saying he isn't necessarily slow, just isn't pacey. Unfortunately most clubs in the PL (except us) have pace spread around the pitch, including at CB. And yes Kane isn't particularly fast, but he is immaculate technically to a level we can't really expect Gyokeres to be.

With that said if we get a couple of pacey wingers in I would be a lot less concerned about this.

If we played a line up of

Patterson Godfrey Mina Mykolenko

Gueye Onana Doucoure

Iwobi DCL Gray

We really don’t lack for pace (unlike many previous Everton teams). Even bringing Coady Tarkowski into the mix isn’t that bad.

The problem is half of them can’t kick a ball in a useful manner be it passing, crossing, or shooting.

Gueye Onana Doucoure

Iwobi Dominic Calvert-Lewin Gray

We really don’t lack for pace (unlike many previous Everton teams). Even bringing Coady Tarkowski into the mix isn’t that bad.

The problem is half of them can’t kick a ball in a useful manner be it passing, crossing, or shooting.
It will be 442 with dyche

Our lack of pace was more in the back line. You are right though this lad looks particularly slow

Gueye Onana Doucoure

Iwobi Dominic Calvert-Lewin Gray

Our lack of pace was more in the back line. You are right though this lad looks particularly slow
You're both right that majority of our squad aren't as slow as Coady, Tarkowski, McNeill.

At the same the same time though I would say that nowadays in the prem you have to be absolutely rapid to use pace to your advantage/not be at a disadvantage.

We have probably have 3 players that fast in Dom, Gray and Godfrey now that We've sold Gordon. Not saying the rest of the squad are therefore useless at all but I was certainly hoping we would be targeting forwards with pace.

Maybe we are, we'll see what happens.

Love your analogy...because with the cost of living crisis many do choose to pay their mortgage and use food banks for a lot of their food shopping. And the club is facing similar crisis...no free money anymore from usmanov and moshiri does not have the wealth to support free spending...probably barely has enough to keep things turning.

Well nobody refuses food to pay the mortgage. You pay the repayments that are due.

No money from Usmanov currently, maybe in the future, who knows?

Moshiri has wealth too, hes a multi billionaire.

Either way though, the money will be used for transfer funds, not the stadium. The stadium will be paid for our of increased revenues, naming rights and increased sponsorships etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.