Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been this bad in 5 of the last 6 games! The mystery for me is how we played so well against Palace!
Pre-Palace many were calling for change...any change - 'are you trying to sack yourself Frank?'
Sometimes football is a multi choice thing akin to rock paper scissors...but with more options.
So, did Lampard have;
a) the courage of his convictions
or
b) he got lucky sticking with his...let's call it paper for simplicity...and Viera's Palace went rock

IMO, he got lucky, went paper Vs Leicester, who watched last week, Brenda spotted it and went ooh scissors for me ta.
And cut us to kin bits - with ease.

Pre-Palace many were calling for change...any change - 'are you trying to sack yourself Frank?'
Sometimes football is a multi choice thing akin to rock paper scissors...but with more options.
So, did Lampard have;
a) the courage of his convictions
or
b) he got lucky sticking with his...let's call it paper for simplicity...and Viera's Palace went rock

IMO, he got lucky, went paper Vs Leicester, who watched last week, Brenda spotted it and went ooh scissors for me ta.
And cut us to kin bits - with ease.

TBH if I didn’t know better, I would have thought Leicester were the home team.
Take out Iwobi and there is NO creativity and virtually no threat in attack.
January sales have become critical again

Really frustrated with us last night.

Sad to say but Leicester wanted it more than we did and that’s unforgivable from any Everton side.

Far too many passengers - only the back four and iwobi looked like they were arsed. Gana tried and did the break up stuff quite well but his passing was beyond woeful. Pickford was all over the gaff, Dcl, McNeil, gray and onana shocking - hiding in plain sight on the pitch, not acceptable. Don’t get why Onana was playing so high up, they overran us and it didn’t look the same formation as against palace? Subs let Frank down - doucure, Gordon and maupay crap.

I Don’t think Leicesters back 5 have had an easier nights work.

Barnes, Maddison, soumare and tielemans ran the show and are everything we wish our midfield and forward players were.

Positive for me was I thought Garner looked ok when he came on, might be pushing for a start now, and also the wc break might be a benefit to us (we’re not in any kind of form atm and the injuries seem to be increasing)- I was hoping to have a few more points on the board tbh.

Massive two away games now vs another set Tory whopper supporters - cmon Everton, sort it out.

Key points I take from last night's game.
Iwobi should have scored in the first half. Might have changed the game completely.
At 0-1, DCL should have scored. One-on-one with the keeper, shot straight at him. Not good enough. Should have rounded the keeper and levelled the score.
I can't say what organisation Lampard put in place pre-match for the midfield, but on the pitch, the organisation in that area was nowhere. Huge gaps in central midfield which allowed them to walk through and get at our back four. It is to the credit of the central defence that it took an amazing strike for their first, and a similar strike with a deflection for the second. An organised midfield, with the central midfielders staying/getting in position when they were on the ball, coupled with the wide midfielders being close enough to the full backs to form an effective partnership, would have prevented a lot of Leicester's attacking play from midfield being fruitful.

Nothing that cannot be remedied, but it takes a certain amount of intelligence from the players on the pitch to carry it through...

Well, yesterday was a bad day at the office; even worse since we were working from home, but I am confident it will all turn out well for us in the end under Frank Lampard. We now need to step up and get a couple of decent results in our next two games against Bournemouth; don't want to be going into the break having lost in the Cup and League.

Alex Iwobi got my vote in what appears to be a two-horse race for MotM.

Reactions: KMC

Think it's about time to ditch the wingers until we can bring in replacements.
They are giving us absolutely nothing , in fact every move breaks down when they are in possession.
When is the last time any of ours gets to the byline putting opposing defenders facing their own goal.
It's far too predictable and very easy to play against.

The moaning when we actually try and keep the ball is infuriating, The reaction in the first half when the CB’s and keeper had the ball was embarrassing, i know it wasn't working but there's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the ball for a bit instead of him hoofing it to DCL just for him to flick it onto no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.