Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue to the bone

Player Valuation: £70m
So here it is . Our last home game for about 6 weeks due to a winter world cup. The price was right for Fifa anyway. But a Saturday evening game under the lights will see the stadium bouncing.
FQ0KWswXoAE0eBj.jpeg

Leicester the opposition. They haven't been great but have improved of late and have quality players that can hurt us.
Last time out so us get a battling point against Fulham where we rode our luck at times. I'd expect to see the Scottish cafu start and maybe a change on the wings for us. 4 -6 points this side of the break wouldn't be a bad start all things considered .
images.jpeg

So come on blues into brenda and his shower of tories . Let's have goodison rocking and get the last win there this side of Christmas.
UTFT.

Set pieces could be the deciding factor in this game. We had about a dozen corners against us V Fulham and defended them pretty well, they've conceded a lot from set pieces over the last year.

Looking slightly more tricky than a few weeks ago as they are playing better. Their keeper is a shambles though. Surely even we can score from a corner against these. Actually have we scored from a set peace this season? Going 3 nil to us..........rocking goodison last game for a while.........what can go wrong !

Looking slightly more tricky than a few weeks ago as they are playing better. Their keeper is a shambles though. Surely even we can score from a corner against these. Actually have we scored from a set peace this season? Going 3 nil to us..........rocking goodison last game for a while.........what can go wrong !

Don't even think we've scored a header

Just remember that we helped keep you up last season so you need to return the favour lol

Find this a real hard one to predict. We've hit a small upturn in form but that was hardly difficult given our start. We're still dangerous on the attack and have kind of shored things up defensively, especially our dreadful set piece record.

This will be a real test as to where we're at. I'll go for a 2-2 draw

Set pieces could be the deciding factor in this game. We had about a dozen corners against us V Fulham and defended them pretty well, they've conceded a lot from set pieces over the last year.
Agreed although we've got a new set piece coach that seems to have had a bit of an impact already

Quite an important game this, considering our away form is awful and with it being last home game before the break it’s important we take 3 points here.

I know these have had a bad start but theyve picked up a bit and still have quality and knock it around quite well if allowed to. Need to start on the front foot and not let them settle, we failed to do this in the home fixture last year and let them settle and score early.
I think we’ll shade it 2-1 but will be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.