Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I mentioned that in my previous posts.

Our level is worse than a side that was in the championship a few months back. We seem to cross this bridge a lot with previous championship teams and its very worrying.

There's no real way for a club like us to excuse that really. No matter how many angles and funky ways we look at it.
There are currently 13 PL teams whose level is worse than that of Fulham at present. Irrespective of where they were a few months ago, they’ve strengthened well and are a team in decent form. We shut them out, absolutely with a bit of luck involved but I’d say we were also very unlucky ourselves not to score the DCL chance.

Frustrating, because it’s a winnable game if we get a performance anywhere near as good as against Palace, but we didn’t and a draw seems a decent result with that being the case.

Entertaining first 45 and thought we were good value for a lead were it not for wasteful finishing.

Dug in second half. Heroic performance from Myks who was often exposed 2 on 1 but his defensive decision making was elite.

We looked much more solid with Patterson at RB too, they had a lot of joy against Coleman with Mitro pulling onto him for the short option and Willian running in behind.

Dom had a bad game didn’t he. A good performance from him and a goal and he probably pushes his case but think that’s probably it for him.

Shout out to Onana as well, love his game, when he won the throw in the corner and rallied the away end was immense.

We go again

Coming away from the game yesterday i never realised how 1 sided the stats would make the game look. I thought we played well in 1st half attacking wise, and then repeated that in defence 2nd. Imo its a good point.
Problem with our set up is it all rests on how the wingers play. Gordon was pants yesterday and Gray was Gray.
Agree. We lack real quality and the gulf post-Richy is our biggest hole to fill now.

Any away point is a good point

As disappointed as I was we didn't win, we are still a riding a bike with stabilisers.

Too many players are hit and miss. Don't need to say their names. But i'm looking on the positive side, remember that unbeaten run a few weeks back?
A number of draws including away at Brentford and Leeds. I'll take a win next week and a win/draw in the two games against Bournemouth. Another little
unbeaten run to go in to the break.

There are currently 13 PL teams whose level is worse than that of Fulham at present. Irrespective of where they were a few months ago, they’ve strengthened well and are a team in decent form. We shut them out, absolutely with a bit of luck involved but I’d say we were also very unlucky ourselves not to score the Dominic Calvert-Lewin chance.

Frustrating, because it’s a winnable game if we get a performance anywhere near as good as against Palace, but we didn’t and a draw seems a decent result with that being the case.
My main focus is Everton and then who we play which was newly promoted Fulham.

A draw 1 shot and poor performance is not pleasing and thankfully the manager agrees.

We simply can not keep blaming the officials as bad as they are we need to shift the focus back to ourselves.

As fans we shouldn't be happy with a backs to wall 0-0 against Fulham, regardless of the circumstances.

100%. We've got to buy a forward in January, ideally a wide forward.
Only if it is a good player. We have done one window with huge change. Moving forward I want to see fewer players coming in, with the focus on quality. If that isn’t there at a price we can afford, then I’d be prepared to wait until summer.

Just wondering who you would like.
There's loads. However, I have no idea whether they are available, how much money we have (if any), or if they would even come here, and I have no intention of making a rod for my own back where people are telling me that my preferred players are either "a complete fantasy that we could never get" or are "not good enough for bottom half Everton/worse than we've already got". Particularly as I have no say in who we sign.

Only if it is a good player. We have done one window with huge change. Moving forward I want to see fewer players coming in, with the focus on quality. If that isn’t there at a price we can afford, then I’d be prepared to wait until summer.
In principle I agree. However, Gray and Gordon are doing my head in, particularly away from home. There is far too little end product from the pair of them but our only alternative out wide is McNeil. If we're going to play the formation we are currently playing (and I'm not sure that was the original plan) then we need more threat from our wide forwards. If the current two aren't going to do it then we need someone coming in who can.

Today further highlights that it was always the players fault and not Marco Silva. Fulham play great free flowing football.
It highlights that each job is completely separate from another.
Things work or don’t work at different clubs for a host of reasons.
I would fairly confident that Fulham will be in the championship with a new manager by the time we kick a ball at Bramley Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.