2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been sucessful in building a buoyant mood around the squad more than anything else. His work fixing that defence in the transfer window has made it very difficult for opponets to get points off us too. But we are lacking in terms of cracking opponents open. I'd love to see a genuine playmaker here.

Do we hit up Madrid again? Not sure if Hazard's finished or not, not seen any Madrid matches since...well, you know.

Idris-Elba.gif

That still has a 3 man midfield.
I said the other day I'd like to see Iwobi tried there. He can get on the ball when we have it and he's also a body in MF to transition into a defensive shape.

-----Gueye-----Onana

Gordon---Iwobi------Gray

-----------Maupay

I said the other day I'd like to see Iwobi tried there. He can get on the ball when we have it and he's also a body in MF to transition into a defensive shape.

-----Gueye-----Onana

Gordon---Iwobi------Gray

-----------Maupay
Don’t tinkle with a winning formation.

-----Gueye-----Onana

Gordon---Iwobi------Gray

-----------Maupay
I get it, but we are still left with the, who are you dropping for the playmaker?

Not trying to be argumentative, I agree, we need to add creativity and goal threat, but where is the space?

Gray is dangerous, his decision making leaves a lot, but hey, hes a threat for sure.
Gordon is Gordon, if you're turning down bids of 60m, you play him.

The midfield 3 we all know, so where do you fit in this player?

Of course we need to add more, but who sits out? As I said, wide playmakers arent easy to find, which brings me back to the fullbacks, yet again.

He's put together a very good coaching team which is a great attribute to have . Clement is highly rated and Cole I think is a very shrewd appointment too. Good managers need good staff and to trust them

I'd say that's his lesson learned from Chelsea. He's still rough around the edges for sure on certain aspects of his management skills but he's got a very young right hand man, a very experienced Clement and I think Cole could be the shrewdest one of all. He's left the defending set pieces down to him and he's a defender by trade and they love clean sheets and chucking bodies on the line. Our current defensive record speaks volumes.

I get it, but we are still left with the, who are you dropping for the playmaker?

Not trying to be argumentative, I agree, we need to add creativity and goal threat, but where is the space?

Gray is dangerous, his decision making leaves a lot, but hey, hes a threat for sure.
Gordon is Gordon, if you're turning down bids of 60m, you play him.

The midfield 3 we all know, so where do you fit in this player?

Of course we need to add more, but who sits out? As I said, wide playmakers arent easy to find, which brings me back to the fullbacks, yet again.
The FBs aren;t going to push on anytime soon. Neither Patterson or Mykolenko show an aptitude to get up there regularly (we've been spoiled by players like Judas Baines and Coleman in his pomp). So that's not an alternative.

But who has been left out of that selection I made?

TBF, we need to be humble right now, so I get it that we cant be more adventurous. I'm talking about in the near future once FL has this lot consistently putting the effort in so that they dont fall back into old bad ways.

The FBs aren;t going to push on anytime soon. Neither Patterson or Mykolenko show an aptitude to get up there regularly (we've been spoiled by players like Judas Baines and Coleman in his pomp). So that's not an alternative.

TBF, we need to be humble right now, so I get it that we cant be more adventurous. I'm talking about in the near future once FL has this lot consistently putting the effort in so that they dont fall back into old bad ways.
The smart people can see the DCL huge hole in the side, im hopeful once he comes back that we show our true form.

Mykolenko and Patterson are as good as Baines and Coleman, they are just still developing…..

Mykolenko and Patterson are as good as Baines and Coleman, they are just still developing…..
They're well off. My opinion of Baines as a feller is low, but he's head and shoulders above Mykolenko. His defending wasnt as good as Mykolenko's, but his attacking game was miles better. And Coleman after he came back from Blackpool was a much better balanced player in terms of defence-attack than Patterson is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.