New Everton Stadium Discussion

50094838-3A8D-46A3-8C08-546631D99BF7.jpeg
0BCA47C2-EDF9-44E5-AFC3-2B0ECA1E0C2B.jpeg

Last edited:
You really think his ego is letting him half build what will be one of the world's most iconic stadiums so the rest of his monied pals can laugh at him?

Not even you are that daft
I think you've lost your senses. Im asking how the rest of the funding will be met, and because I ask that question you're accusing me of believing the carpetbagger is intentionally building half a stadium and then walk away. ?‍♂️

A lot of money will be from single day match paying fans, I can't see them increasing the number of season tickets by a lot.
That's exactly how I see it too. This topic rolls around every 200 pages or so but it seems people forget it.

We currently have around 30/32k season tickets. Once you factor in away fans that's a ridiculously high proportion of our match going fans. I am not convinced they will allow many more 'basic' ST holders even with the increased capacity.

When we move it won't be possible to move current ST holders to a corresponding area as the configuration is very different. EG, the West Stand (behind the dugout) could swallow up the family enclosure, the existing corporate boxes, the directors' box, the main stand, the media and the top balcony. That's fine as far as capacity goes, but the plans for the West Stand show roughly 50% of that stand is allocated to varying levels of corporate seating.

The club has been quite clear since they started consultation they will be offering more premium options for match going fans and they'll be hoping a proportion of existing ST holders Upgrade, even if it's just to the most basic level of hospitality. Those that chose not to will have to sit in the West stand, but at either the North or South ends. If they want to sit more centrally they'll have to move over to the East, but of course the paddock, lower and upper bullens all have their eyes on that.

I'd imagine the move process starts over a year ahead of moving in. The corporate/premium sales team even further out from the opening day. (they've already been recruited) They may even incentivise first year lounge memberships with a discount to lock people in early.

Once they have a good idea of how many ST holders are staying as a 'basic' ST holder they can start the moves. The block moves won't work, the only way to do it is some sort of priority system.

Selfishly, I'd go:

Shareholders
Season ticket holders (sorted by years held)
New season ticket holders

Can't please everyone and there will be absolutely loads of moaning and mud slinging towards the club. The saving grace is the 'worst' view in the new ground will match good view at Goodison.

bmd-plan-1.jpg

Last edited:
I remember watching some of the Spurs stadium build videos and there was a virtual reality seating system. So you could pick a seat in the pre-built stadium and have a virtual image of what your view would be in all directions.
We have the same.

A complete VR experience centre is already at HQ in the Liver Buildings.

They'll initially use it to sell corporate hospitality, but when the time is right they'll have a watered down version available on the website to give you a good idea of the view from individual seats. It's not that difficult.

But this is Everton!

We have the same.

A complete VR experience centre is already at HQ in the Liver Buildings.

They'll initially use it to sell corporate hospitality, but when the time is right they'll have a watered down version available on the website to give you a good idea of the view from individual seats. It's not that difficult.

But this is Everton!
Will that include where the sun will be in the sky and whether it's shining in your face!

Seriously though, as someone who would be travelling in, do we see the car parking on the river walk as a viable option without having to wait another hour to clear the fan's out before exiting the area, or would parking away from the ground and walking in be more prudent!

Will that include where the sun will be in the sky and whether it's shining in your face!
The wind factor and rain direction, where it reaches in the stand, will also be a difficult one to predict based on a VR simulation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the move, however I've mentioned a few times that the weather on the front may come to a shock for some people.

Where I currently sit in the LG is well covered and actually quite cosy: heat builds up even in winter. On a wet and wintery evening, it could be different there.

I'd like to make sure we sat somewhere comfortable for my son. Also, it'll be interesting to hear if we plan to install the rail seats in the south stand as muted.

Fine for me – not so much for my son. But aye, it's a while off, so I am sure (hope) more information will trickle down.