New Everton Stadium Discussion

Thinking about the algorithm required to acceptably map existing season ticket holders onto the new stadium is bringing me out in a cold sweat.

So many variables. I’m pleased I’m not being tasked to write that.

…plenty of other clubs have moved stadia in recent times, I imagine we will utilise their experience to determine the best way of managing seat allocation.

I dont think they will try to get an exact replica, more a stand by stand option. The family groupings could be more tricky I guess. Time will tell.
Yes, plus some people will like being near the benches or near the away fans or whatever and the changes in seat grades / pricing will need to be factored in to decide if they will still end up there.

It’s all possible, it’s just a very complex computational task.

The one major saving grace is that we’re upsizing, not downsizing.

We've got 30k season ticket holders at Goodison haven't we? I reckon about 5k of the new stadium will be new hospitality season ticket holders and they'll need to put a cap on how many season tickets they can sell (maybe 40k/42k max) so that would then be another 5k season tickets sold in the normal stands.

You'd think that would still leave a LOT of people left on a waiting list wouldn't it?

The above is just very quick guesstimates so don't hold me to my vague numbers!!
Yep that'll be me then.

Maybe I'll apply for a job inside the stadium and get access that way

Same guy who measured the pitch probably gave the estimate
Think he's getting confused with the number of blades of grass on the pitch.... Easy done.

I heard each blade is being hand reared and spoken to positively each day whilst wearing blue. Following day spoken to badly, wearing red... Rub of the green and all that.

No stone left unturned with our new Stadium.

Love it.

Up the Chong (Greenmeister)

I heard there were upwards of 20k on the waiting list. I would also assume that the new prices will be much higher than now so that may alter waiting list?
I reckon less than half of that, I’ve heard of people who only waited a season to get one.
It will depend though, there are two tiers of waiting lists.

The only nagging thing is the funding beyond what Moshiri has committed to.

I wonder how far that will take us toward the shell of the stadium being built.
He has committed to funding it up to the end of 2023.

It all surely be at least £300 million by then, he’s not gonna mothball it after spending that much.