New Everton Stadium Discussion

How is the seating going to arranged at BMD I’d guess they will put season ticket holders in similar seats to where they are at Goodison?

How is the seating going to arranged at BMD I’d guess they will put season ticket holders in similar seats to where they are at Goodison?

The assumption, cos Spurs tried it, is you will be offered a broadly similar seat/with a family in the new place. Makes total sense. What they will actually do, not sure its been released by the club.

The assumption, cos Spurs tried it, is you will be offered a broadly similar seat/with a family in the new place. Makes total sense. What they will actually do, not sure its been released by the club.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, a seat with a similar view we have at Goodison (minus the obstructions obviously) And maybe an option B and C if you want to change.

We've got 30k season ticket holders at Goodison haven't we? I reckon about 5k of the new stadium will be new hospitality season ticket holders and they'll need to put a cap on how many season tickets they can sell (maybe 40k/42k max) so that would then be another 5k season tickets sold in the normal stands.

You'd think that would still leave a LOT of people left on a waiting list wouldn't it?

The above is just very quick guesstimates so don't hold me to my vague numbers!!

We've got 30k season ticket holders at Goodison haven't we? I reckon about 5k of the new stadium will be new hospitality season ticket holders and they'll need to put a cap on how many season tickets they can sell (maybe 40k/42k max) so that would then be another 5k season tickets sold in the normal stands.

You'd think that would still leave a LOT of people left on a waiting list wouldn't it?

The above is just very quick guesstimates so don't hold me to my vague numbers!!

A lot of money will be from single day match paying fans, I can't see them increasing the number of season tickets by a lot.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, a seat with a similar view we have at Goodison (minus the obstructions obviously) And maybe an option B and C if you want to change.

Cant see any other way personally. Like you say, some might take the opportunity to move from behind a goal to a side stand, but if a Dad takes his 2 kids to the game, they have to be together at BMD.

I heard there were upwards of 20k on the waiting list. I would also assume that the new prices will be much higher than now so that may alter waiting list?
When I renewed my sons season ticket last season at the Chelsea home game the girl at the ticket office told me there was 26,000 on the waiting list. I’m guessing there will be a few thousand more now.

Looking at those virtual images makes you realize how absolutely massive those video screens will be.
The goal posts are 24 feet apart and the video screen looks about 4 times wider than the goal.
They are going to look incredible.

Thinking about the algorithm required to acceptably map existing season ticket holders onto the new stadium is bringing me out in a cold sweat.

So many variables. I’m pleased I’m not being tasked to write that.

Thinking about the algorithm required to acceptably map existing season ticket holders onto the new stadium is bringing me out in a cold sweat.

So many variables. I’m pleased I’m not being tasked to write that.

I dont think they will try to get an exact replica, more a stand by stand option. The family groupings could be more tricky I guess. Time will tell.