Kevin Mirallas scored twice on his Goodison debut as Everton comprehensively beat Leyton Orient 5-0 in the second round of the
Capital One League Cup.
Updates from the game below. Match report to follow.
(1) WeÂ´re off! Everton attacking the Park End this half, as Everton look to progress in the League Cup at the expense of Orient this evening.
(3) Baines is visibly limping here after a hefty challenge inside the first minute, and while heÂ´s trying to run it off it doesnÂ´t look too good. Distin and Garbutt already moving on the bench as potential replacements.
(4) Naismith and Mirallas combine well, the new boy has a go at goal, deflected off a defender and comfortable for the Â´keeper. A fairly low paced start to the game as fans continue to take their seats in Goodison.
(7) Baines has recovered thankfully and is resuming his normal rampaging runs down the left. Magaye Gueye looks to impress on a rare outing, has a go at goal but it doesnÂ´t bother the Â´keeper Jones – who is an Evertonian from Kirkby IÂ´m reliably told!
(10) Gueye does well, ball goes in, Anichebe gets his head on it, deflected wide for a corner but it was very good work from the young winger. Magaye has been catching the eye in the first 10 minutes but it remains 0-0.
(14) Naismith lays in Anichebe, great play from the Nigerian international as he takes a lovely touch and drives at goal, saved and nobody is there for the follow up and Orient come away with it. Everton have stepped up the tempo over the last few minutes.
(16) GOAL: Kevin MIRALLAS – Naismith with a stunning pass, incisive, Naismith dives clear with his pace, steadies himself and beats Jones with a low shot into the corner. Everton 1 (Mirallas) Leyton Orient 0
(18) Ohhh nearly two! Mirallas heavily involved again, lays in Gueye, knocks it on to his left, strikes well, blocked away for a corner. Gueye really has been a livewire.
(20) As youÂ´d expect, itÂ´s pretty much all Everton with Orient hoping to hit on the counter as and when. ItÂ´s been a professional 20 minutes from Everton who havenÂ´t shown any signs of complacency against lesser opposition. Naismith traps, turns and takes a left footed shot on goal but itÂ´s easy for Jones in the Orient goal.
(22) GOAL: Leon OSMAN – Baines with a cross, Mirallas helps it on itÂ´s way and itÂ´s a strike on the stretch from Osman to make it 2-0 to the Blues.
(27) Well, after an assist and a goal, weÂ´ll allow him a mistake. Coleman does brilliantly on the right, cuts it back to Mirallas who gets his touch all wrong and weÂ´re lucky to come away with a corner.
(28) Chance after chance as Everton come forward in droves. Naismith is having his own way as he moves into space at will. He drives a left footed shot at goal, shoved away by Jones, Mirallas dives on the rebound but emergency defending sees the ball blocked away. Could be three or four, but weÂ´re 2-0 up and dominating, itÂ´s all good!
(30) GOAL: Kevin MIRALLAS – Tidy footwork in the box, gets himself a bit of space and gets the early shot away that deceives the Â´keeper and our new Belgian has his second goal of the night! Everton 3 (Mirallas x2, Osman) Leyton Orient 0.
(32) Ooooohhh…. Almost a fourth from Baines. Lovely strike from distance, Â´keeper frantically palms it away and it evades Naismith on the rebound. Dominance from the Toffees.
(33) Mirallas makes this football lark look a bit easy. He gets the ball and kicks it into the netted rectangular thing – as the meerkat says, simples!
(36) GOAL: Victor ANICHEBE – Not the Â´keepers finest moment. Mirallas and Anichebe exchange passes and the Nigerian nets well. Two assists and two goals for Mirallas! Everton 4 (Mirallas x2, Osman, Anichebe) Leyton Orient 0.
(37) Jan Mucha is playing Angry Birds on his phone, canÂ´t blame him.
(44) Everton relax and try to ease out the first half which has gave Orient a few chances to get forward, but itÂ´s still very, very comfortable.
(44) Another chance for Anichebe as Everton counter, deflected everywhere but Jones does well to get across and save, tipping wide.
(45) Pretty much the first time Mucha has got his hands dirty as he easily collects a tame header from Lisbie, as the half comes to an end.
HALF TIME: Everton 4 (Mirallas x2, Osman, Anichebe) Leyton Orient 0 – Class has told in a big way as the Toffees utterly dominate the first half here against beleaguered Orient.
EVERTON SUBS: Luke GARBUTT, Shane DUFFY, Ross BARKLEY ON, Phil JAGIELKA, Leon OSMAN, Leighton BAINES OFF
LEYTON ORIENT SUB: James OFF, McSweeney ON.
(47) Ross Barkley takes a vicious strike on which is off target, but it was a confident effort and not too far away.
(51) Very slow tempo to the start of the second half. Orient will be looking to avoid an absolute mauling here so expect them to try to keep shape and keep the scoreline low. Good to see the youngsters getting some good minutes in the first team.
(54) Coleman does excellently on the wide right, the ball arrives at Mirallas, Barkley arrives late and takes the effort on goal, deflected wide for a corner. Barkley has looked lively in the opening few minutes.
(59) Orient come close via Dean Cox who takes on a shot that goes narrowly wide of the post of Jan Mucha. Dangerous effort and it all came from a bit of naivety from Ross Barkley in possession.
(62) Excellent football from Everton, Coleman spearheads the attack and gets the corner, which unfortunately comes to nothing. More of that needed Blues!
(63) Well played Ross Barkley. A nice bit of vision as he tries to find Mirallas for his hat trick but itÂ´s cut out by last gasp defending. Barkley looks great in attacking positions but a bit suspect when tracking back, but heÂ´ll learn.
(66) GOAL: Magaye GUEYE – Well that was a stunner! Coleman does brilliantly again, picks out a fantastic cross and Gueye hits it firmly on the volley which flies beyond Jones. Everton 5 (Mirallas x2, Osman, Anichebe, Gueye) Leyton Orient 0
(69) SCORE: Everton 5 (Mirallas x2, Osman, Anichebe, Gueye) Leyton Orient 0.
(73) Long ball from Heitinga, well controlled by Anichebe who turns and shoots but itÂ´s off target.
(74) EVERTON SUB: Phil NEVILLE (OFF), NOBODY (ON).
(76) Everton reduced to 10 men, Neville picks up an injury. Everton have already used three subs.
(78) Barkley passes the ball to Nobody, Orient intercept, counter & itÂ´s a decent chance for Lisbie that goes wide. Everton are in cruise control, but to be honest I would have expected a bit more industry from the youngsters looking to impress this second half.
(80) Coleman does brilliantly again, crosses, Nobody with the dummy, falls for Mirallas and unfortunately the Belgian has got his attempted shot all wrong and itÂ´s over the bar. Good stuff from Everton and particularly from Coleman who has been impressive.
(85) Everton are just easing the game out, letÂ´s just make sure we keep the clean sheet Blues!
(89) Orient come close to getting a consolation but Mucha makes a decent save to keep the clean sheet. IÂ´ve got to say, Nobody has played badly for Everton tonight. A good overall performance from Everton tonight.
FULL TIME: Everton 5 (Mirallas x2, Osman, Anichebe, Gueye) Leyton Orient 0.