Will we be attracting investment with current form?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even qualifying for the CL group stages we won't be sold imo.

Just as long as Martinez is given the extra funds that's fine by me, tbh.

Group stages gets you what... 30m? He must be given that plus more to go right into player recruitment if it happens.

I agree with this. I also worry about what people actually mean by investment. BK certainly isn't the best, but he gives stability.

Look at Hull and Cardiff. They must have been over the moon when they heard of the investment, and whilst it's improved the team, it has ripped the heart out of those clubs.

Look at United, they are in massive debt as a result of investment.

The only 2 clubs where it's really worked is Chelsea and City.

As long as RM gets a proper transfer war chest, I'm happy.

"more restricted views than a computer on Wormwood Scrubs' sex offenders’ wing"

It's genuinely pathetic that not only did someone write that line, but at least one other person signed off on it. Quality journalism.

It's going to take one of us to win the lottery and splunk it all on Everton. Football is a horrible investment most of the time. If you run it like a real business, the fans will slate you for not spending enough money.

The problem with the OP's theory is that the board will just raise their asking price if we qualify for CL.

We're still in pretty dire need of a new stadium*, that'll discourage investors unfortunately.

*(or some major work done at Goodison. I'm not an architect, so I don't know how exactly it could be fixed.)

In some ways, Tottenham have a similar ground to ours. It didn't put ENIC and Daniel Levy off. We would be easier to sell with a modern stadium but I'm not sure the ground issue is such a deal breaker. A takeover isn't the only way forward and new investment for a new stadium can come in more than one way. If we were getting CL footie on a regular basis then it would be easier to attract investment, do an Arsenal and finance a new stadium from debt or equity.

surely some billionaire will look at the biggest league in the world and see the team in 5th position and think I could take them over. we need MOAR money ffs

It's probably mind blowing for some that US teams in MLS are being sold for 70-100 million US dollars and being told you have to build a stadium.

I agree with this. I also worry about what people actually mean by investment. BK certainly isn't the best, but he gives stability.

Look at Hull and Cardiff. They must have been over the moon when they heard of the investment, and whilst it's improved the team, it has ripped the heart out of those clubs.

Look at United, they are in massive debt as a result of investment.

The only 2 clubs where it's really worked is Chelsea and City.

As long as RM gets a proper transfer war chest, I'm happy.

Exactly. And even in the case of Chelsea and citeh, that kind of massive injection is scuppers by new FFP rules.

Long term stability and the support of a vision of a talented manager is the surest path to long term growth.

People won't buy Everton because of the stadium and because we are constantly seen as doing well regardless. If we were down the bottom we problay would have been bought by now.

(From a former high up employee of the club)

Status
Not open for further replies.