Will we be attracting investment with current form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexEFC92

Player Valuation: £1m
I was thinking the other day how surely it must be us next to attract some major investment; not a Kenwright out advocate in any way as I think he runs the Club very well, but imagine how far we could go with some cash injection.

People don' give away money for nothing, not a chance of investment whilst Kenwright has 1. overpriced us and 2. Has set the condition that he remains in charge.

and its not an anti-Kenwright post by me, it's just the reality that no one invests money into a business they get to have no say in and won't see a large return of investment

1/ Let's not turn this into another board thread with "I-hate-Bill-if-you-don't-hate-Bill-mate-you're-a-Kopite-then-nob" all the while.

2/ Yes, I do think that potential investors will take a look - whether they're prepared to put hands in pockets will remain to be seen.

Champions League, if we got into the group stages, you'd have to say that would make us an attractive proposition.

We'd have to maintain league form at the same time though.

We're still in pretty dire need of a new stadium*, that'll discourage investors unfortunately.

*(or some major work done at Goodison. I'm not an architect, so I don't know how exactly it could be fixed.)

'Investment' is a total misnomer. What we really mean is 'takeover,' because no external party will invest meaningfully in us if they don't own us.

While the current owners are asking as much as they apparently are, there will be no investment.

How much is Bobby's YMCA project expected to cost? Because I personally think that such money would be better off spent putting a second tier on the Park End.

So possibly in excess of 20 million?

That should go on Goodison, not a YMCA.

I'm just guestimating from the original presser about it and the story the next day mate, could be well wide of the mark, but think its gonna be roughly that yup.

How much is Bobby's YMCA project expected to cost? Because I personally think that such money would be better off spent putting a second tier on the Park End.
Just a little thought now you mention that.

We are going to spend our money developing finch farm. Good few million but in aid of developing our youth. Brilliant eh?

Except we dont actually own finch farm and 2 different people have bought it since we sold it.

Will this be another kitbag deal?

Just a little thought now you mention that.

We are going to spend our money developing finch farm. Good few million but in aid of developing our youth. Brilliant eh?

Except we dont actually own finch farm and 2 different people have bought it since we sold it.

Will this be another kitbag deal?

I can't see how a YMCA will have anything but a neglibile effect on playing performance. It might be something that would be considered ideal, but it is in no way worth spending even 5 million pound on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.