Will we be attracting investment with current form?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BK wants around 125M for the club, as he thinks selling it for 85M will mean someone would then resell the club for 100M to make a few million. If he loves Everton so much, why does he not sell the club to very rich person for 85M - at least the new owner can take the club forward.

GP is the main issue when coming to sell Everton - no-one wants to spend so much money on the ground. Then you have 45M debt on top.

Even qualifying for the CL group stages we won't be sold imo.

Just as long as Martinez is given the extra funds that's fine by me, tbh.

Group stages gets you what... 30m? He must be given that plus more to go right into player recruitment if it happens.

We won't be getting anywhere near any form of investment until we have, at the very least, a solid agreement for a new stadium.

So, to answer the question: no.

We could be a really attractive proposition, but we have been before a times haven't we? Over to you Bill, this is a good time to be "searching 24/7".

We won't be getting anywhere near any form of investment until we have, at the very least, a solid agreement for a new stadium.

I don't think that is ever going to happen under our current administration. Even Liverpool realised that building a new stadium within the city of Liverpool was beyond them, so why are people still kidding themselves that Everton will ever be able to do so?

Redeveloping Goodison is the only way we solve our stadium issue. I don't believe Kenwright when he says it would not be possible. The RS are just as landlocked as us, but they are going to redevelop.

Last edited:
Before Man City were taken over, they were in a similar position to us. As in they were supposedly the 'second team' of a big city, whilst the other team was doing very well, and spending shed loads.
The only major difference being that City have a new stadium..

So I guess the sticking point would be that we're at an outdated ground, and as much as I love the place, investors probably don't see it in the same way as we do. I wish they could just have some vision and put some plans out to renovate the place, which might open a door for investors to step in and be willing to pay for the updates to the ground and invest in the team and make us consistently competitive in Europe.

Just a plan anyway

If only Bill and the board had made the decision to stay at Goodison and start rebuilding some years ago, we might be some way to progressing, but we are just treading water.
I dont see whats in it for an investor who isnt an Evertonian.

I don't think that is ever going to happen under our current administration. Even Liverpool realised that building a new stadium within the city of Liverpool was beyond them, so why are people still kidding themselves that Everton will ever be able to do so?

Redeveloping Goodison is the only way we solve our stadium issue. I don't believe Kenwright when he says it would not be impossible. The RS are just as landlocked as us, but they are going to redevelop.

If it is never going to happen, we aren't going to get investment. Simple as.

Redeveloping Goodison is not the way forward. You don't build a house on quicksand. Of course, I love Goodison, but for the money we'd spend doing it up could be better spent towards a new stadium.

Scary tbh, imagine the squad we have now minus Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu taking on one of the bigger teams in the final qualifying round...

Status
Not open for further replies.