Will we be attracting investment with current form?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investment??

This can only happen if some very rich guy buys the shares (the proceeds of which go into the shareholders pockets, not the club's bank account) Then puts cash into the clubs accounts. No one is going to make a big loan to the club to put money into the club's bank account.

I wish people would realise this.

On the field we can't do any more than we do currently to make ourselves an attractive, dynamic proposition for interested parties.

Sadly someone isn't holding up their end of the deal when you get off the field...

If it is never going to happen, we aren't going to get investment. Simple as.

Redeveloping Goodison is not the way forward. You don't build a house on quicksand. Of course, I love Goodison, but for the money we'd spend doing it up could be better spent towards a new stadium.

Correct

Scary tbh, imagine the squad we have now minus Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu taking on one of the bigger teams in the final qualifying round...

Barry is signing. Del 50/50. We will buy Lukaku and/or replacement.

Investment??

This can only happen if some very rich guy buys the shares (the proceeds of which go into the shareholders pockets, not the club's bank account) Then puts cash into the clubs accounts. No one is going to make a big loan to the club to put money into the club's bank account.

I wish people would realise this.

Correct

p.s. I-hate-Bill-if-you-don't-hate-Bill-mate-you're-a-Kopite-then-nob

Reactions: Jxg

Before Man City were taken over, they were in a similar position to us. As in they were supposedly the 'second team' of a big city, whilst the other team was doing very well, and spending shed loads.
The only major difference being that City have a new stadium..

So I guess the sticking point would be that we're at an outdated ground, and as much as I love the place, investors probably don't see it in the same way as we do. I wish they could just have some vision and put some plans out to renovate the place, which might open a door for investors to step in and be willing to pay for the updates to the ground and invest in the team and make us consistently competitive in Europe.

Just a plan anyway
I don't go with the "new ground" noose round the neck theory, the Etihad only cost 150m not a deal breaker in the world of the super rich plus City rent it at circa 4 to 5m a year - not the freebie everyone says.

Also the football angle is a side issue it's a means to an end it's about exposure.

BK justifying a 125m price tag against City at 80m works on a footy basis but it entirely misses the point.

The unpalatable truth shown by Chelsea and now others is silverware is easily bought from any mid table platform and funding the project increases the benefactors profile 1000%. Abramovich has a world persona given to only kings and Presidents.

"What can I provide to a super rich mogul?" is the question for this club, not this is my price take it or leave it. Trouble is if you (the owner) have no reason to sell why go down this road?

I suspect our success makes further investment less likely.

Before Man City were taken over, they were in a similar position to us. As in they were supposedly the 'second team' of a big city, whilst the other team was doing very well, and spending shed loads.
The only major difference being that City have a new stadium..

So I guess the sticking point would be that we're at an outdated ground, and as much as I love the place, investors probably don't see it in the same way as we do. I wish they could just have some vision and put some plans out to renovate the place, which might open a door for investors to step in and be willing to pay for the updates to the ground and invest in the team and make us consistently competitive in Europe.

Just a plan anyway

City weren't taken over just because of the new stadium. There was also the land around the stadium, as the Etihad Campus was always part of the plan, and the fact that Etihad (along with Emirates and Qatar Airways) wanted Manchester Airport to be the UK hub for the Middle East and Asia.

Man City didn't build there stadium, the council did for the comonwealth games, they just rent it.

Not having a stadium with corporate boxes is costing us millions a year.

I own 3 business my self and I'm telling you now I wouldn't buy a business then build a new shop for it. These millionaires buy the clubs to mainly make money, they don't care about the club and I can give you loads of examples.

Buying Everton and then paying off the debt then build a new stadium is gonna cost 300milish before you spend a penny on the team, it will take the owner a long time to earn that back and make a profit. If were get in the CL this year then maybe the next 2 years as well then maybe then.

Nobody will invest in Everton as the gang we have in situ will still be in place somewhere or other.

What is needed is a takeover and to sweep all the senior staff out of the door and bring in new blood.

City where an attractive buy because Shinawatre(?) was as dodgy as they came and needed to recoup some cash before the Thai government slapped on the handcuffs, the shiny new stadium was an added bonus!
Kenwright is not in the position where he needs to sell, lack of investment or no and our current on-field success will only strengthen his position as the last honest fan running a football club.
The big issue is whether he will back the manager in the summer to carry on the push we are making this season and give Martinez the cash he needs.

In other, not entirely unrelated news, Mike Ashley sold £200m worth of shares in his sports company today.

(7% of the company apparently)

Is that Pardew bound for the summer I wonder?

It would seem in the most basic of theories that we will never be taken over by someone with finances to take the club forward to the next level, simply because of the stadium, all the clubs with the 'best' owners have bigger and more modern stadiums than ourselves and fans willing to pay higher rates to get in to watch the game, Even Spurs claim they have a waiting list of 45k for season tickets where there fans are paying upto a Grand per season, in fact I think their cheapest ticket is dearer than our dearest. We have little to no chance of being Regular CL competitors as we cant afford the squad that would needed to compete on both fronts for 10 months a year, hate to bring them up but Even Liverpool have to win the league this year a lot like we have to get CL this time around as I doubt either of us will get as good a chance next season as we are now almost Guaranteed some sort of European football and that will no matter which way we look at it drain our squad with regards trying to get top 4 next season. And I reckon you need to be CL regulars or have a top stadium to get that sort of takeover.

It would seem in the most basic of theories that we will never be taken over by someone with finances to take the club forward to the next level, simply because of the stadium, all the clubs with the 'best' owners have bigger and more modern stadiums than ourselves and fans willing to pay higher rates to get in to watch the game, Even Spurs claim they have a waiting list of 45k for season tickets where there fans are paying upto a Grand per season, in fact I think their cheapest ticket is dearer than our dearest. We have little to no chance of being Regular CL competitors as we cant afford the squad that would needed to compete on both fronts for 10 months a year, hate to bring them up but Even Liverpool have to win the league this year a lot like we have to get CL this time around as I doubt either of us will get as good a chance next season as we are now almost Guaranteed some sort of European football and that will no matter which way we look at it drain our squad with regards trying to get top 4 next season. And I reckon you need to be CL regulars or have a top stadium to get that sort of takeover.

Not the infamous kopite Brian Reade again ? It's been a while since his last bit of freelancing appeared on this forum.
LOL !!

Status
Not open for further replies.