Will we be attracting investment with current form?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stadium is a myth, hasn't stopped Villa or Fulham getting investment like...

In no way is it a myth. Fulham redeveloped whilst htey played at Loftus Road. A ground in which all their fans could go to if they really wanted to. Where do you want Everton to play during major redevelopment? Anfield? Prenton Park? Does PP hold 40k/
Fulham nor Villa got a new stadium. What exactly did Villa do. Personally I'd love us to redevelop Goodison, but in reality is it really possible without taking a serious hit on revenue?

The ground is a huge block, but wouldn't be a decider if we were doing poorly. If we were playing as we were now and had a new ground, we'd probaly have different owners.

Take it from me son, the information is sound. Don't listen to any of the idiots on here.
Third word from the end. Not allowed on GOT. And as for the rest of your reasoned and straight to the point response....Jackanory...jackanory...jackanory.

If you 'published' your 'evidence' you'd have more credibility. Night night.

In no way is it a myth. Fulham redeveloped whilst htey played at Loftus Road. A ground in which all their fans could go to if they really wanted to. Where do you want Everton to play during major redevelopment? Anfield? Prenton Park? Does PP hold 40k/
Fulham nor Villa got a new stadium. What exactly did Villa do. Personally I'd love us to redevelop Goodison, but in reality is it really possible without taking a serious hit on revenue?

The ground is a huge block, but wouldn't be a decider if we were doing poorly. If we were playing as we were now and had a new ground, we'd probably have different owners.
Does performance really affect the asking price of a club, I'm not an expert so i don't know how much Everton is worth but if being crap made us a target for a billionaire owner I would want us to play like turd, anyway...
Say we did get a rich owner I don't see how building a new stadium would be a big deal, if they are worth billions and want to invest it in a club, spending £150 million for a stadium would be worth it.

Does performance really affect the asking price of a club, I'm not an expert so i don't know how much Everton is worth but if being crap made us a target for a billionaire owner I would want us to play like turd, anyway...
Say we did get a rich owner I don't see how building a new stadium would be a big deal, if they are worth billions and want to invest it in a club, spending £150 million for a stadium would be worth it.

Businessmen want to buy low and sell high. It's why you're seeing clubs like Leeds, Forest, Leicester etc with new owners because they have the infastructure to go forward and make them plenty of wonga. There aren't many individual billionaires in football though, it's mainly "groups" now and they have to make business decisions rather than emotional decisions. Even Abramovich chose a club that at the time we're not the best and had potential.

As daft as it sounds, clubs who are lower down cost less, so they're more saught after. I guess in some twisted way you could blame Moyes for keeping us in the top 8 for so long!

Third word from the end. Not allowed on GOT. And as for the rest of your reasoned and straight to the point response....Jackanory...jackanory...jackanory.

If you 'published' your 'evidence' you'd have more credibility. Night night.

Just a turn of phrase Steven old chap, not meant to denigrate anyone specifically, unlike your allegation that I'm lying here.

Please retract this slur upon my character.

No vision, drive and ambition unfortunately at the top of our club. They would have us believe that we are inferior to the RS in every possible way imaginable given the opportunity. But this isn't a bashing thread so I'm just going to say that doing well may create note interest and in turn the folk at the top may actually get whatever it is they are looking for. Me personally, exhaust every option imaginable to redevelop the old lady and not just by coming out once in a blue moon saying "we checked it can't be done because it would cost a, b or c" ( see lack of vision and ambition above ) but truly can we re develop it over the course of 2 seasons. Short term pain for long term gain.

Personally I'd love us to redevelop Goodison, but in reality is it really possible without taking a serious hit on revenue?

I feel like after a certain point it's no longer going to be a choice and will have to be done. If we're qualifying for Europe regularly it'll turn into a serious revenue bottleneck.

The only way Kenwright will go is if we go back to the bad old days of threatened relegation ie when the fans decide the time is right. None of us wish for that so he'll be here until the day he dies.

I feel like after a certain point it's no longer going to be a choice and will have to be done. If we're qualifying for Europe regularly it'll turn into a serious revenue bottleneck.
Yup. Either we do it now, or we suffer later. I would like to think that if we were to build anew we'd be looking at an atmospheric stadium of around 45-50 thousand with the potential to expand to 55-60, plenty of corporates and with everyone as close to the pitch as possible. I'd also like us to look at the possibility of a potential safe standing area.

I'm not saying we want an owner like Cellino, but what made him want to take over Leeds, what made Fernandes want to take over QPR and Al-Hasawi take over Forest??? At the time championship clubs. It amazes me that business men just don't think Everton is a good investment.

The only way Kenwright will go is if we go back to the bad old days of threatened relegation ie when the fans decide the time is right. None of us wish for that so he'll be here until the day he dies.

Then he will hand over to his children and then they will hand over to their children.

The kenwrights are born to reign over us

Status
Not open for further replies.