The gulf in class...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
A couple of things from yesterday's derby that, to me at least, illustrate the gulf in class between our players and theirs. Firstly at least twice when Balotelli was tackled, he went down screaming his head off as though he'd been hit by a combine harvester... compare that with Mirallas who, when hit by a genuinely painful and potentially serious hamstring pull/tear, was gracious enough to continue limping off the field of play rather than going down on the field and holding up proceedings.

Secondly, the difference in the reaction to scoring between the two captains. Gerrard who it has to said struck a terrific free kick tried not to be calm, but failed as he gave in to yelling at the TV camera and milking the adulation of the fawning RS hordes... compare that to Jags who struck the equaliser to end all equalisers and simply wheeled away with little more than outstretched arms, no yelling, no screaming into camera lenses, no histrionics... just a realisation that he'd scored and earned a point we deserved.

Call me biased if you like, tell me you wish Jags had gone totally nuts, but I think those things set us apart somewhat.

Crystalbul: The Suarez moment - yeah it was disappointing for them but surely even they knew the game was up after the Chelsea loss - so all this raw "emotion" (not visible but assumed) was their mentality in a nutshell. Fine if they had genuinely just thrown the title away but that happened at home Therefore the reaction is comparable to their fawning, diving actions of yesterday.

I think if it were almost anywhere else Mirallas would have just gone down on the pitch. His momentum carried him to the touchline from what i recall. "recall" being the key word as ale has fogged my memory a bit.

A couple of things from yesterday's derby that, to me at least, illustrate the gulf in class between our players and theirs. Firstly at least twice when Balotelli was tackled, he went down screaming his head off as though he'd been hit by a combine harvester... compare that with Mirallas who, when hit by a genuinely painful and potentially serious hamstring pull/tear, was gracious enough to continue limping off the field of play rather than going down on the field and holding up proceedings.

Secondly, the difference in the reaction to scoring between the two captains. Gerrard who it has to said struck a terrific free kick tried not to be calm, but failed as he gave in to yelling at the TV camera and milking the adulation of the fawning RS hordes... compare that to Jags who struck the equaliser to end all equalisers and simply wheeled away with little more than outstretched arms, no yelling, no screaming into camera lenses, no histrionics... just a realisation that he'd scored and earned a point we deserved.

Call me biased if you like, tell me you wish Jags had gone totally nuts, but I think those things set us apart somewhat.
yeah he does get a bit emotional does St Stevie...

who can forget when they beat man city last season, he was all drying the tears from his eyes and looking to the heavens, the unbridled joy etched onto his face was there for all to witness as he realised that soon, his hour would come, the wait was nearly over and his ultimate destiny lay now within his grasp, the moment he had waited all his career for would soon be upon him, and he would finally, truly and deservedly be crowned as King of the Prem

then he fell over

yeah he does get a bit emotional does St Stevie...

who can forget when they beat man city last season, he was all drying the tears from his eyes and looking to the heavens, the unbridled joy etched onto his face was there for all to witness as he realised that soon, his hour would come, the wait was nearly over and his ultimate destiny lay now within his grasp, the moment he had waited all his career for would soon be upon him, and he would finally, truly and deservedly be crowned as King of the Prem

then he fell over

He will super injunct you for ripping him

There is a gulf in class regards the fans as well. the Diverpool lot will look for excuses for absolutely everything.

Was in a pub which had a ratio of 4:1 Liverpool fans to Everton ones.. when Liverpool scored no blues started acting up but when we scored some RS poured a huge picture pint thing over someone and a bunch of girls started smashing their glasses. Disgraceful behaviour.. also some fat, 40 year old who smelt like [Poor language removed], wearing a Liverpool shirt turned to me and started calling me a blue nose [Poor language removed] - this guy who was barely watching the game and more focused on trying it on with the girls from the Uni accommodation down the road.. straight up weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.