The gulf in class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think they did... It was the same dual thing too wasn't it ?.... laugh at them being injured and boo for time-wasting. That's like pissing around with your car stereo and blowing your horn at the traffic at the same time.

I don't remember them ever showing any class about this sort of thing to be honest. They once sang at Lampard about his mother straight after she died too.

That said...I know a lot of us do the M-word song that rhymes with Girderers, and the "We're all ***king Alex" / "Baby's not yours"... so we're not perfect I guess.

I dunno. I agree with the OP, Blockhead 100% though, the gulf is there.

I think I most fell out with them when the Kirkby move was still on the table, and KEIOC was in full swing.

They came to Goodison with a banner (actually a white bedsheet and some permanent marker scrawl) that said "Good(ison) Riddance" [ison was crossed out]. Then they sang all game about us not being from Liverpool and F off to Kirkby etc.
[it's where our F off to Norway comes from I think...people in the know?]

This was before they had those first plans approved for the football car park land, which fell through, plus while Hicks and Gillette were still there. I can't quite put my finger on it but something turned it all really sour that year (or over two years maybe).

I remember that game......they started chucking socks on to the pitch, sommat to do with people from Kirkby being thieves.

It struck me how much an insult that must have been to many of their own fans.....some of whom were sure to have hailed from that part if the world.

The standing ovation, screaming and face pulling when Balloteli was subbed tells you all you need to know about those whoppers. In all my time watching football I just don't get what he did to deserve it, and hope I never do.

I remember that game......they started chucking socks on to the pitch, sommat to do with people from Kirkby being thieves.

It struck me how much an insult that must have been to many of their own fans.....some of whom were sure to have hailed from that part if the world.

Yeah...that was the same game you're right! The socks thing is because they call us "the sock-robbers" (or they used to before all their real Liverpudlian fans got priced out - I don't know what the Norwegian is for stealing someone's socks ;) )

I found this online, about that day and sock-robbers, basically a burglar so tight he steals socks to go thieving instead of buying gloves:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...iverpool-fans-mock-Evertons-sock-robbers.html

I always thought the sock-robbers tag was older though? Anyone know? I thought it was to do with the stadium move and having to walk through their gardens to get to the new ground (Goodison).

The standing ovation, screaming and face pulling when Balloteli was subbed tells you all you need to know about those whoppers. In all my time watching football I just don't get what he did to deserve it, and hope I never do.
He flopped until he won a free kick and then he flopped some more. He's the perfect RS player.

Was in a pub which had a ratio of 4:1 Liverpool fans to Everton ones.. when Liverpool scored no blues started acting up but when we scored some RS poured a huge picture pint thing over someone and a bunch of girls started smashing their glasses. Disgraceful behaviour.. also some fat, 40 year old who smelt like [Poor language removed], wearing a Liverpool shirt turned to me and started calling me a blue nose [Poor language removed] - this guy who was barely watching the game and more focused on trying it on with the girls from the Uni accommodation down the road.. straight up weirdo.

I bet you real money that they necked whatever was in them first!

Didn't you listen to Sky mate? Martin Tyler told everyone the fans clapped Toure off and they are very knowledgeable. You need to get with the script mate.

It's true, those Norwegian, German, Spanish, English Home Counties whoppers become the most knowledgeable fans in the world merely by dressing up in an overpriced kit and wearing a half and half scarf..........

Was in a pub which had a ratio of 4:1 Liverpool fans to Everton ones.. when Liverpool scored no blues started acting up but when we scored some RS poured a huge picture pint thing over someone and a bunch of girls started smashing their glasses. Disgraceful behaviour.. also some fat, 40 year old who smelt like [Poor language removed], wearing a Liverpool shirt turned to me and started calling me a blue nose [Poor language removed] - this guy who was barely watching the game and more focused on trying it on with the girls from the Uni accommodation down the road.. straight up weirdo.

Oh man your experience says it all about the fans of our neighbours. They are truly a bigoted pathetic bunch, only happy when they are winning.

This says it all. Everton FC: The People's Club | Your Shout

Watched the game in a boozer with Man City and Hull City fans, who started to boo Balotelli every time he went down.

I loved that. Let me add I am Toffeelover, have been supporting Everton from the early sixties (1961) before that was in hospital. My Da and Grandas were also Everton supporters, WE were all born in L4 and lived around there for many years, still have an Uncle living within 400 metres of GP who is also an avid fan.

Agree. Forgot that when I was writing my long-winded effort!

Have you noticed how there's all them ex-Kopites in the media, but the ones who don't like that club....REALLY don't like them. Just in general too. Like I like Man City, because my family on one side supported them, but then also for various reasons and people I know, I like Sheff Wednesday, Notts Forest, Bradford City, Leeds United, Birmingham City, Stockport Co., Tranmere and loads to different degrees of "like"... plus lots of clubs I respect even if I wouldn't look to see their results or anything.

I don't mean I support all those teams, but if it's like Bradford vs Burton or whatever I'll be like "oh good they won, my mate will be pleased".

But I've never met a non-Liverpool fan who likes Liverpool. Not even one who'd be neutral when they watch a LFC match.

Unfortunately I know a couple. One a Birmingham fan, one a Wolves fan. Last season they wanted Liverpool to win the title because "itz better dan der oil klubz winnin it lad". I don't even bother trying to reason with them, I just laugh and say "you really don't understand, do you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.