The gulf in class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Forgot that when I was writing my long-winded effort!

Have you noticed how there's all them ex-Kopites in the media, but the ones who don't like that club....REALLY don't like them. Just in general too. Like I like Man City, because my family on one side supported them, but then also for various reasons and people I know, I like Sheff Wednesday, Notts Forest, Bradford City, Leeds United, Birmingham City, Stockport Co., Tranmere and loads to different degrees of "like"... plus lots of clubs I respect even if I wouldn't look to see their results or anything.

I don't mean I support all those teams, but if it's like Bradford vs Burton or whatever I'll be like "oh good they won, my mate will be pleased".

But I've never met a non-Liverpool fan who likes Liverpool. Not even one who'd be neutral when they watch a LFC match.
I'm the same. I like Man City as they're my local team, I cannot stand Man United and I have family who are City supporters. Same with Cambridge United - I've been to see them play a couple of times this year, and they're my mum's local team - and Sheffield Wednesday, and maybe Spurs.

Most neutral fans I know dislike Liverpool. I've got a mate who supports Forest and he absolutely cannot stand the RS. Same with other people I know who support West Ham, Newcastle, Chelsea etc. The constant apologetics for Suarez did not help Liverpool's case much.

We are polar opposites in all things.

History.

Class.

Dignity.

Geographical demographic of fans.

Self control.

We are an institution. they are a franchise.

Watched the game in a pub in Washington, D.C. but I guess they're the same all around. After they scored one of them started ironically chanting "Timmy Howard" and others came to celebrate in front of us.

After the game I was talking to a friend of a friend who supports them, he was trying to argue that Gerrard's goal was just as good as Jagielka's... [Poor language removed] delusional.

The two current managers are a true embodiment of what the two Clubs really are.

One is an impressive young and articulate professional who has total belief in a long term project that will yield Champions League football on limited funds. The other is Brenda Rodgers.......a phoney gobshite who sleeps with she-males....apparently.

I
Yeah...that was the same game you're right! The socks thing is because they call us "the sock-robbers" (or they used to before all their real Liverpudlian fans got priced out - I don't know what the Norwegian is for stealing someone's socks ;) )

I found this online, about that day and sock-robbers, basically a burglar so tight he steals socks to go thieving instead of buying gloves:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...iverpool-fans-mock-Evertons-sock-robbers.html

I always thought the sock-robbers tag was older though? Anyone know? I thought it was to do with the stadium move and having to walk through their gardens to get to the new ground (Goodison).

I always thought the term sock robbers was because "People in Kirkby" would rob everything from you even your own pair of socks right off your feet

Unfortunately I know a couple. One a Birmingham fan, one a Wolves fan. Last season they wanted Liverpool to win the title because "itz better dan der oil klubz winnin it lad". I don't even bother trying to reason with them, I just laugh and say "you really don't understand, do you?"

Haha he really doesn't understand!

"der oil klubz", I don't mind City winning stuff, especially choosing from the top of the league (bar Everton obvs!)

The first season City got back in the PL, I took a City supporting mate to our game against them. When we got out to the seats and game kicked off, he sat really still for about 5 mins just looking round at everything and then he actually started crying, no word of a lie.

I asked him what was up, seats aren't that bad mate! - and he said how a couple of years before he'd been sat in the open, in the rain, in some ungodly sh-thole thinking he'd never see his team back in a place like Goodison.

So whenever they win something now it reminds me of that guy and how he must be thinking he's dreaming all over again! Fair play to City fans, they have been through it! I think we deserve it just as much but wouldn't begrudge them it.

I'm the same. I like Man City as they're my local team, I cannot stand Man United and I have family who are City supporters. Same with Cambridge United - I've been to see them play a couple of times this year, and they're my mum's local team - and Sheffield Wednesday, and maybe Spurs.

Most neutral fans I know dislike Liverpool. I've got a mate who supports Forest and he absolutely cannot stand the RS. Same with other people I know who support West Ham, Newcastle, Chelsea etc. The constant apologetics for Suarez did not help Liverpool's case much.

Yeah that Suarez thing tipped a lot of people over the edge, but that's just the latest thing in a long line, lots of people were already well over that edge!

sockrobbers comes from scrotes who were out 'grafting' wearing two pairs of socks. When they went inside someones house scrumping for apples (Laptops, ipods, iPhones etc) they'd put one pair of socks over their hands. If they were stopped by the bizzies it would go unnoticed that theyhad two pairs of socks on but gloves in the middle of summer are a bit more difficult to explain.

I watched in a pub in Portugal.

A few holidaymakers but mostly local lids.

To my surprise, there no RS in the pub and their goal was met with stony silence.

When Jags equalised the whole pub erupted.....Portuguese boys, neutral English alike....and of course yours truly, making a real spectacle of himself.

These melts across the Park don't realise how universally loathed they are outside the confines of the cult.

Far from being "everybody's second favourite team", they seem to be everybody's second most loathed team (next to whatever team is their local rivals).
Hilarious how they deluded themselves that they were every neutral's favorite to win the league last season. Never seems to strike them that every supporter from every team in the league has had to endure their whining for years. The absolute worst fan-base. Plenty of decent individuals happen to be reds, but they're not decent when they're being red.

I watched in a pub in Portugal.

A few holidaymakers but mostly local lids.

To my surprise, there no RS in the pub and their goal was met with stony silence.

When Jags equalised the whole pub erupted.....Portuguese boys, neutral English alike....and of course yours truly, making a real spectacle of himself.

These melts across the Park don't realise how universally loathed they are outside the confines of the cult.

Far from being "everybody's second favourite team", they seem to be everybody's second most loathed team (next to whatever team is their local rivals).

Some lid in Israel said when Everton scored a load of Ethiopians came running in to the bar screaming and cheering and celebrating.

Imagine. The worlds loathing of Liverpool and seeing Everton beat them could bring peace to the middle east !!! o_O

Everyone hates them

Status
Not open for further replies.