The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Chairman : Get's a lot of stick on here does 'luvvie Bill', not from me mind.
Anyone wanna swap him for the current board of directors at Southampton, who basically have sold their equivalent of Barkley, Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka and Stones these last 3 weeks.
If Everton Do ever sell, to City and the likes, we sell Big! £27 million for Fellaini, 24 for Lescott, 12 for Rodwell, and it's never a fire sale, because at the end of the day, he's a fan.
If we had a similar 'american-ised' board at Goodison, then there is every chance most of our top players wouldn't be here now. But with Bill in charge, he's employed 2 top quality managers in his time here, and we've built the proper way.
Roberto Martinez is absolute class in my eyes, and has got us back in Europe. Today, Barkley (who could be one of the clubs greatest ever players) signed a long term contract. And we could be about to break our transfer record for one of the best young strikers around.
For me, Bill Kenwright is key in all of this.

( moved to this thread by a moderator )

Last edited by a moderator:
Our revenue has just gone up 30 million our operating costs are lower that they were at season ending 2011/12 I would reverse what you are saying by saying it will be a disgrace if we don't spend a further 25 million an that just covers the spending of the new tv money never mind what regular transfer money we should have had set aside along with the felliani, jelavic and Anichebe money

Our Chairman : Get's a lot of stick on here does 'luvvie Bill', not from me mind.
Anyone wanna swap him for the current board of directors at Southampton, who basically have sold their equivalent of Barkley, Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka and Stones these last 3 weeks.

I'm alright with Bill. I like how we drive a hard bargain and hold on to most of our best players. But the "at least we're not Southampton" thing won't wash with his detractors, nor should it. Not selling five of your best players is not even the least thing any club would expect of its chairman, and this year's Southampton board have been monumentally sh!t in a way I have rarely seen.

Spurs, the RS, Arsenal, Chelski and Man Utd have all already spent more than 50m on players.

We've spent 4m on Besic.

Get's a lot of stick on here does 'luvvie Bill', not from me mind.
If Everton Do ever sell, to City and the likes, we sell Big! £27 million for Fellaini, 24 for Lescott, 12 for Rodwell, and it's never a fire sale, because at the end of the day, he's a fan.
If we had a similar 'american-ised' board at Goodison, then there is every chance most of our top players wouldn't be here now. But with Bill in charge, he's employed 2 top quality managers in his time here, and we've built the proper way.
Roberto Martinez is absolute class in my eyes, and has got us back in Europe. Today, Barkley (who could be one of the clubs greatest ever players) signed a long term contract. And we could be about to break our transfer record for one of the best young strikers around.
For me, Bill Kenwright is key in all of this.

I must admit that I never were his biggest fan but if he can support RM in the transfer market and ensure that the club moves forward he will have my support. That said...I think he appointed the right managers at the right time. Moyes with his flaws did stabilize Everton and I think RM will take us forward. He doesn't have the most money but I do think he loves Everton and that he does try his best to run the club properly. Yes, he made mistakes and so do most of us...but think I will take him over many other owners out there. I know he gets a lot of stick...and at times rightly so...BUT lately I think he is doing all the right things...and I for one is optimistic...

Regarding our Board: I think Bill Kenwright has managed to steer us through difficult times, he is a shrewd and canny operator... however, the fact that we can now keep Barkley and hopefully sign Lukaku is due to the new TV deal... so,
But, to give credit to Bill in staying with managers (Moyes, year 17th position) and recruting managers, Moyes and now Martinez, that's what's positive about his reign...
I also think BK is a shrewd operator in the transfer market, so all credit to him..
my take, having supported Everton since 1968 is that our late problems can be linked Carter inertia and Johnson lack of organisation and direction...
having said that, I think we should move forward, that means stop the blame game... I guess the reality of operating a football club is harder that we 'fans' can image ...
Cheers!

Regarding our Board: I think Bill Kenwright has managed to steer us through difficult times, he is a shrewd and canny operator... however, the fact that we can now keep Barkley and hopefully sign Lukaku is due to the new TV deal... so,
But, to give credit to Bill in staying with managers (Moyes, year 17th position) and recruting managers, Moyes and now Martinez, that's what's positive about his reign...
I also think BK is a shrewd operator in the transfer market, so all credit to him..
my take, having supported Everton since 1968 is that our late problems can be linked Carter inertia and Johnson lack of organisation and direction...
having said that, I think we should move forward, that means stop the blame game... I guess the reality of operating a football club is harder that we 'fans' can image ...
Cheers!

I can see why the Icelandic banks and insurance co's etc went bust now

Let's not split hairs the reality is the 2 southampton players are on their way for a combined 35m
Eh, I'm not going to sit here a lie and say the board spend money; I just thought your point would be better made if you kept it completely accurate to this moment, then you won't have awful pedants splitting hairs rather than addressing your point.

Still think the boards greatest folly in in their complete incompetence at securing more revenue streams than television, prize money and player sales.

If we could bring in £10-15m more revenue a season in sponsorships and merchandise then we may actually see some investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.