Still looking at top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we exit the euro trash cup we may get close to the top 4 maybe????
Hmm, but if we "get close" then we're probably in Europa League next season too ?

I'd take doing well in the Europa and qualifying for it again next season to be honest. That'd give some of our youngsters another season to come through and get some decent experience, giving us a platform to push for Champions League.

We are not playing well. We are improving albeit slowly. Fourth place is a reality but only if we start fulfilling our potential. Chelsea are home and hosed, Man. City will limp their way to second, after that it is open for a team to take the initiative. Why not us.

Yes.....

Only because our rivals are equally as average as we have been.

Think january signings could be key for the teams who take 3rd and 4th.

Hopefully Bobby has already sorted his 2 loan deals :)

If we had won against Sunderland and Swansea we would be in 4th right now

but, that's none of my business
I think you mean "or", not "and". We are only 2 points of 4th. Which is not bad place to be considering we are all disappointed with our form and poor results

Yep it is still on, largely because it has been a weird after World Cup season and our rivals have dropped points too. Most teams have agood half season though so we have to hope to be within touching distance if/when we go out of europa so we can have final push in the league. 2 points off without having hit anything like our best form. Need A team together for a while though.

Effin A Cotton.

Effin A.

107300-Pepper-needs-new-shorts-gif-Im-Ogif.gif

We seem to be hitting our stride a bit. Nowhere near our best but we'll get there soon, I think, If our rival carry on with their form we'll have a good chance.

Just need to keep hanging in there. Our problem is were usually so far out of it that even a 7 game winning run and Arsenal collapsing only left us a couple ahead of them last season. We need to stay in the pack and then hope our usual strong second half of the season will kick in when one of the others are struggling. The opportunity is there every single season. Remember the Anfield derby last season, if we'd won that we would have gone ahead of them. They kicked onto a title challenge and we ended up fifth so it far too early to be writing off anyone in the race for fourth. The good thing is that despite playing badly we are not 9 or 10 behind Arsenal or Liverpool already. Conversely you could say with them playing badly we should have a 9 point lead over them but any team can do the 'if we'd won x y and z we'd be first'

Status
Not open for further replies.