Philip Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being new to the forum, its a shame that the club don't consider (apologies if they did) giving the chance to the fans to buy peice of the club. I'm only talking about 25% of the shares to the fans. I'm no financial wizard but surely we could raise about £30 million without the club giving too much away. Its whats everton is all about.

In my opinion anyway.

They've been asked countless times, and the major shareholders (ie the board) refuse. They dont want to water their stake (and future profits) down.

I am a fan of Bill's and I appreciate that not everyone else is. I am from the big smoke and have driven some extremely wealthy people including a couple people who know Mr Green. They all seem to like him. We need someone like Ellis Short of Sunderland who's are good business man and also see it as a bit of a hobby and don't over stretch themselves but do put their money with their mouth is and are happy to lose £60 - 80m in the first few years.

John Grayken who nobody here will know could be our saviour. He's worth about £2Billion.

We are not going to compete with the likes of Chelsea or Man City, but my god I hope we never do what the red ****e have done either and throw good money over bad on the likes of Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Adams.

I am proud of our discipline.

Champions League football would be nice though!

What you fail to understand is the sh1te's determination to get back on top will see them go through owners like Gazza goes through Mars bars until they hit paydirt.

Most on the forums aren't old enough to remember the days when they won everything - what hell awaits if we don't wake up and beat them to the punch this time.

I am a fan of Bill's and I appreciate that not everyone else is. I am from the big smoke and have driven some extremely wealthy people including a couple people who know Mr Green. They all seem to like him. We need someone like Ellis Short of Sunderland who's are good business man and also see it as a bit of a hobby and don't over stretch themselves but do put their money with their mouth is and are happy to lose £60 - 80m in the first few years.

John Grayken who nobody here will know could be our saviour. He's worth about £2Billion.

We are not going to compete with the likes of Chelsea or Man City, but my god I hope we never do what the red ****e have done either and throw good money over bad on the likes of Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Adams.

I am proud of our discipline.

Champions League football would be nice though!

John Grayken?

Where's this come from?

In fairness the Planet Hollywood restaurant in Disney world in Florida was aceness defined, but that's in spite of Green and more to do with the authentic movie memorabilia they have hanging around, carry on.

In fairness the Planet Hollywood restaurant in Disney world in Florida was aceness defined, but that's in spite of Green and more to do with the authentic movie memorabilia they have hanging around, carry on.

Doubt whether Green has anything to do with Planet Hollywood, its Earls baby. The concept is good, although not new....there have always been movie and music themed eateries...all Earl did was go for it in spectacular fashion, with people like Stallone on the intial board of directors. They've been bust a couple of times, but in the US, were its probably easier to 'rise again' than it is here(?)

Grayken is a Texas financier, and on the same board as Ellis Short for at least one company. Lone Star Equities I think, from memory. No indication anywhere that he's interested in football.

He isn't. I was sort of hoping that he might take a look at Ellis Short and think, Sunderland? FFS I'll show him (there is a bit of a competitive rivalry).

It won't happen.

Although a well written letter demonstrating our great history from Chico may do the trick.

Most, if not all of the above just shows that we all have opinions based on what we've heard and what we believe. None of us actually know anything. I stand by my assertion that Green has no official position at EFC, but acts as an advisor to BK and lends money to EFC through him. And what's wrong with that? After all, our level of debt is probably the lowest in the Premiership, and although we can't compete in terms of paying transfer fees and even wages, we can still operate carefully and, with luck, hold our own on the pitch.

Most, if not all of the above just shows that we all have opinions based on what we've heard and what we believe. None of us actually know anything. I stand by my assertion that Green has no official position at EFC, but acts as an advisor to BK and lends money to EFC through him.
If he lent money to Everton it would have to appear in the accounts - it doesn't.

He isn't. I was sort of hoping that he might take a look at Ellis Short and think, Sunderland? FFS I'll show him (there is a bit of a competitive rivalry).

It won't happen.

Although a well written letter demonstrating our great history from Chico may do the trick.

Assume you mean he isn't interested in football. He's certainly interested in money !!

Status
Not open for further replies.