Philip Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he lent money personally to BK, or invested in Bills shows(which he almost certainly has, er...allegedly), it wouldnt appear in Evertons accounts......
I assume that you are implying that BK then puts that money into Everton, if so then it would appear in the accounts - it doesn't.

I assume that you are implying that BK then puts that money into Everton, if so then it would appear in the accounts - it doesn't.

Thats basically correct.....I'm certainly not an accountant........but could 'other operating costs'....actually mean 'other operating costs and reciepts'.......? I don't know....because of what I do I'm quite interested in the operation of Bill Kenwright Productions and have often woondered if they fit into the Everton picture...anywhere. I am of the opinion that nothing illegal has gone on....that sort of stuff is for conspiracy theorists and those that hate BK regardless. I'm just trying to see how those that say 'Green has invested in Everton' could ever prove it.

Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that Green hasn't put a penny into EFC, either directly or via Bill Kenwright. What role then, has he had here? His name has been cropping up for a long time even though he isn't on the board and has no shares. Why would people make stuff up if he's simply a close friend of Bill's, but had no involvment with EFC in any other capacity?

How much smoke do you need to know about before you realise there is a fire?

He is involved, to what degree is debatable, but his interest is seen as being more than significant from many quarters.

You don't get broadsheets printing stuff like that without foundation.

Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that Green hasn't put a penny into EFC, either directly or via Bill Kenwright. What role then, has he had here? His name has been cropping up for a long time even though he isn't on the board and has no shares. Why would people make stuff up if he's simply a close friend of Bill's, but had no involvment with EFC in any other capacity?

He's pulling strings behind the scenes for his mate Kenwright. He has a proxy on the board. He of planet Hollywood fame. Probably put finance into the club via the cayman islands too.

This same man put lots of his assets into his wife's name to avoid UK taxes. Perfectly legally. You can see this online.

He has history of using proxies and proxy holding companies

When Green paid his family £1.2 billion in 2005, it was paid for by a loan taken out by Arcadia, cutting Arcadia's corporation tax as interest charges on the loan were offset against profits.

I wonder how tax efficient EFC are and this is why the club regularly uses financing from the caymans.

Keeps tax liability down but keeps money slushing around the upper echelons of the club. Certainly the club post 2004 doesn't seem to have had difficulty getting finance as required.

I wonder how tax efficient EFC are and this is why the club regularly uses financing from the caymans.

Keeps tax liability down but keeps money slushing around the upper echelons of the club. Certainly the club post 2004 doesn't seem to have had difficulty getting finance as required.

If they found it easy to get finance why then did they go to the West Indies to get it?

My gut feeling - no place to make judgements on potentially complex financial/legal dealings I'll readily admit - is that Green was heavily involved if not instrumental in Kenwright's takeover and to save us from Johnson he thought it was a worthwhile gamble to make a deal with the devil.

I wonder if it is Philip Green that blockades Kenwright's attempts to sell by no doubt demanding an extortionate payoff either because the initial 'loan' was never repaid or in some other manner Kenwright is indebted to him.

I don't want my half-baked vague feelings to be ripped to shreds by some finance experts, as I said it's more a gut feeling that Green or someone of his ilk played 'kingmaker' and Kenwright has been at his mercy ever since; it can only be this in my mind because I firmly believe in two things that are irreconciliable: a) that Kenwright loves Everton and cares for us deeply and has no financial motivation for being involved; b) that judged against its peers, our board have been utterly abject and saved, mainly, by the relationship chairman and manager cultivated.

So how can Kenwright both love Everton and hold us back? We all know which one most people choose to suspect, but I can't shake the conviction: Kenwright loves Everton. Other forces are at work, and he is at their mercy.

slightly off topic but happen the financial heads could answer a question which worries me a bit.

Bill is knocking on a bit.

God forbid he should cash in his chips in the morning, do we know what happens to his Everton holdings?

slightly off topic but happen the financial heads could answer a question which worries me a bit.

Bill is knocking on a bit.

God forbid he should cash in his chips in the morning, do we know what happens to his Everton holdings?

Absolutely brilliant question, hope we don't find ourselves as the property of 'our Jenny'.

I'm sure its been mentioned before, but the man is a bit of an enigma.
He supports Spurs, runs some successful clothing outlets and has apparently never invested a penny in the club, however he is rumoured and said to be heavily involved in the running of the football club, because he is pals with Bill. I seem to remember he was involved with Gregg's purchase of shares too.

Unfortunately the man isn't very desirable. He avoids tax, his company apparently indirectly employs foreign workers on pitiful wages - although don't all clothes shops? - and he is seemingly useless with the media, his one particularly memorable outburst regarding the Irish which he only apologised for to preserve the success of his brand in Ireland...

Does his involvement make anybody else a bit uneasy?

Oh yes...
IMO Boys pen Billy conned him into putting cash in with the promise of a quick return via DK...
cue rolling tumble weed and lonely wind sound

Status
Not open for further replies.