Philip Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nuthead

I'm sure its been mentioned before, but the man is a bit of an enigma.
He supports Spurs, runs some successful clothing outlets and has apparently never invested a penny in the club, however he is rumoured and said to be heavily involved in the running of the football club, because he is pals with Bill. I seem to remember he was involved with Gregg's purchase of shares too.

Unfortunately the man isn't very desirable. He avoids tax, his company apparently indirectly employs foreign workers on pitiful wages - although don't all clothes shops? - and he is seemingly useless with the media, his one particularly memorable outburst regarding the Irish which he only apologised for to preserve the success of his brand in Ireland...

Does his involvement make anybody else a bit uneasy?

He's a friend of Bill's and lends us money, apparently. That's about the extent of, as far as I've heard. He has no official capacity at the club.

Paul Gregg insisted his shares (which went to Robert Earl) were paid for by Phillip Green. I'm not sure about trusting the word of one shady businessman over another though so who knows!

Philip green is one of the dodgiest businessmen around, he has bankrolled most of the shares in the club but refuses to invest as himself. When interested parties want to buy everton it's green that flatly refuses to take anything resembling a decent share price. He is quite content with the status quo at the club. Utter wan£er

Philip green is one of the dodgiest businessmen around, he has bankrolled most of the shares in the club but refuses to invest as himself. When interested parties want to buy everton it's green that flatly refuses to take anything resembling a decent share price. He is quite content with the status quo at the club. Utter wan£er

How do you know that?

I'm not sure whats wrong with escaping tax when he runs a global company....where should he pax tax ?

UK ??? Why would he indirectly support all the refugees ?

If I had his money I'd be living in somewhere a bit more exotic so not sure why I would have an affinity to what the UK has become.

Why would he indirectly support all the refugees ?

If I had his money I'd be living in somewhere a bit more exotic so not sure why I would have an affinity to what the UK has become.

Brilliant - don't support the refugees or immigrants - but if you had the cash you'd emigrate (or be an immigrant somewhere)
Genius

Hi Bruce, where i base that statement is from quite a few people i know who are wealthy businessmen in the big smoke. when they find out i was an evertonian all of them bar none have said what a t**t Phil Green is. i should qualify that i got to speak to these people at a wedding i was lucky enough to attend. they all stated he was the financier behind most of the shares and that he was also quite happy that as long as the club continued to pay him he was content not to invest any more money, and wouldnt sell until he had a huge profit from his part. Second hand information i know but very believeable when several peole tell you thae same thing independantly. that is why i dont believe 90% of these "takeover" rumours.

Crack open that BCR Sports that owns a quarter of the club and let's have a look in there.

A dodgy run club Everton are.

I suspect the full story of green and everton may never be known but if it is it'll certainly be a while . A lot of 'rumours' exist especially in relation to the business relationship between green & Pini Zahavi and any 'connection' with the Yakubu & bilyaletdinov transfers and what were maybe fees on the high end of the scale

very dodgy dave, a closer scrutiny of our "peoples" club would be an embarrassment i think. in that vein though i think a few clubs are also a little fuzzy around the owners legalities!

very dodgy dave, a closer scrutiny of our "peoples" club would be an embarrassment i think. in that vein though i think a few clubs are also a little fuzzy around the owners legalities!

Offshore trusts and football clubs - shouldn't be allowed. We have the right to know who runs our clubs, that's the rule. Leeds forced the hand of the Minister of Sport to find out who controlled them offshore. Call me picky, but I tend not to be reassured when a twice bankrupt spiv like Robert Earl says that he 'and his family' own the shares in BCR.

I suspect the full story of green and everton may never be known but if it is it'll certainly be a while . A lot of 'rumours' exist especially in relation to the business relationship between green & Pini Zahavi and any 'connection' with the Yakubu & bilyaletdinov transfers and what were maybe fees on the high end of the scale

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Les Ambassadeurs when Bill comes to settle up his latest night's entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.