Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know about that but bad form if right. What peed me off was Steve Me throwing Jagielka to the lions after the Uruguay defeat by leaving him to do the immediate interview after the game,no sign of Gerrard, Jagielka ( had a bad game) looked gutted and shocked.
Tbf to Gerrard, think he did do some media work after the game just not that first post match interview. Was proud of Jags for doing to the interview though, one reason I think he does make a good captain.

who blamed him they players or the manager?
Reason England were dire was Stevieme and henderson.Central midfield is key in international football especially and is why England get beat time n time again against teams of similar
Manager.

Phil-Jagielka-selfie.jpg

Think Gerrard and Jagielka get on mate, not sure if he did it on purpose.
To me the captain should be out there fronting any stick and protecting fellow players, dont think being mates with Jagielka made any difference with that man! I dont know Gerrard personally but he strikes me as a selfish man who puts his footballing persona above all.

To me the captain should be out there fronting any stick and protecting fellow players, dont think being mates with Jagielka made any difference with that man! I dont know Gerrard personally but he strikes me as a selfish man who puts his footballing persona above all.
All of that, and the biggest nobhead on the planet.

I'm made up for jags after certain people saying he was finished on here. Bobby may of had a go at him and dist,but he may come across a bit light hearted. That's a mask jags has got pride in his work and that's showing at the moment. Made up for him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/roberto-martinez-gareth-barry-best-8075455
Martinez has also been thrilled with the return to form of club captain Phil Jagielka. The 32-year-old has scored four times for club and country this season and recovered from a troubling start to the campaign where he suffered a hangover from England’s disastrous World Cup campaign.

Jagielka admitted to lacking in confidence earlier in the season but Martinez believes the turning point came when on international duty in September. “A lot of things happened in the World Cup and it was in his head for a long time,” said Martinez. “Football is great when you have a lot of games and you can get rid of the frustrations but the summer was a tough period for everyone involved in the World Cup. “But Jags has got into the rhythm of training and playing and enjoying his football. He is enjoying having different partners in that centre-half position, he is playing with Jones, with Sylvain, with Antolin.

“The start of the season was tough for us as a team. We conceded a lot of goals, we concentrated on trying to take all these thoughts away from him and concentrate on the best level of performance and I saw a big difference the moment he went away to Switzerland with England. He came on as a sub and he ended up keeping a clean sheet and helping England to win the game. I saw a real change in his confidence.

“There has been a lot of things he had to do as a captain away from the pitch and he has developed an incredible role as captain with the team and the performances have been terrific.” Martinez continued: “Sometimes in the game the ball bounces or hits the crossbar, hits you on the head and goes in and there is nothing you can do so the confidence does get affected. “You cannot control everything in football.

“You play it with your feet so it is a game of errors. It is how you react to those errors and I thought Phil reacted in a phenomenal manner. He took the challenge and grabbed it with both hands. He became a captain on and off the pitch.”
Everyone can make mistakes but when you look at them again you see reliable players who are going to win you tournaments,” Martinez said.

“Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka are always there, always available, they are ready, they look after themselves. “That makes a big difference. “You see some players who have one good game and then they disappear for three, whenever you need them they are injured or suspended. In these situations you need reliable characters and I don’t think you get more reliable figures than Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines.”

Status
Not open for further replies.