Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags and Naismith have done an interview together for the game, and it can be found here: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Naismith-Everton-international-football-news

Laughed at this bit..

As a Scot seeing England struggle at the World Cup, surely there was a smile or two Steven even if your mates were hurting?

PJ: He was laughing!

SN: Erm...no. To be honest, when you watch a World Cup you take more of an interest in the teams that your team-mates are in. You did want them to do well but unfortunately it wasn't a great campaign.

So no smiles then when Suarez scored the double?

SN: No, no, he's ex-Liverpool as well so I couldn't.

PJ: So if it was anyone else you'd have been happy? SN: Aye, if it was Cavani then it would have been fine [laughs].

PJ: Cheers mate!

I frigging love Naismith with every fiber of my being.

I dunno I felt he was pretty poor early in the season but there's no doubt he's been as strong as he's ever been since the Derby match and has possibly been our most consistent player.
I would hope so being captain and international. But at their best, playing jags and disitn every week made us formidable, same as jags and lescott. The minute you start swapping around there it creates uncertaintly between the two and more likeley to concede a silly goal from not being in the right place at the right time.

I think the early season form of Jags and Distin must have also had something to do with how tactically we where setup. I don't think it's any coincidence that as soon as we stopped conceding we've also stopped scoring.

Either way I'm not the slightest bit worried Distin is back to partner Jags. I thought he would get his form back and has looked good in the last couple of games although maybe not exactly against great opponents.

The big worry I have is what happens if one of the them picks up an injury. With Barry also out it would almost certainly mean playing a kid which isn't ideal bother for him and us although I suppose we could play Besic there.

Playin for england despite bein injured on sat
It was a dead Leg,and Roy said within 20mins of game ending sat that he would be ok for tonight,but with the luck we get with injuries anything could have went against us,but seems in all everything international wise might be ok

But he kinda turned away from it didn't he? That's how it hit his foot and spooned over Howard.

If he'd have stood up to the shot square on it might have been different.

turned his back for the one today
that doesn't help
Exactly mate..whats that about?
I genuinely hate finding fault and nitpicking at our players but even though he is our captain n has been brill for years , etc he looked anything but n to me looks nervous n rash for no good reason..his clearence in the 93/4minute when he had so much time but rashly gave it back to WHU being a prime example..
Serious question but do you think him being an international regular has done him more harm than good?

Exactly mate..whats that about?
I genuinely hate finding fault and nitpicking at our players but even though he is our captain n has been brill for years , etc he looked anything but n to me looks nervous n rash for no good reason..his clearence in the 93/4minute when he had so much time but rashly gave it back to WHU being a prime example..
Serious question but do you think him being an international regular has done him more harm than good?
I think hes still a very good player. Went through a patch of poor form at the beginning of the season, which I'm fairly certain was brought on by the absolute bollocking he got from the press because of the world cup.
He seems to be rated by no-one outside of Hodgson and the coaching staff and so gets bad raps from everyone about average performances, particularly by the media when for the most part it is undeserved. You don't want to take away the opportunity to represent your country, but I do think the constant criticism does impact his performances a bit.

Whys this fella captain, he shows no leadership at all. Things go south, his head drops and he turns a deeper shade of gash.

Hes okay when things are going well and hes really good at the last ditch stuff but that masks so many things hes poor at

Scary thing is the idiot next to him is even worse

Whys this fella captain, he shows no leadership at all. Things go south, his head drops and he turns a deeper shade of gash.
Hes okay when things are going well and hes really good at the last ditch stuff but that masks so many things hes poor at
Scary thing is the idiot next to him is even worse

Not fair to any footballer to play Distin next to him. Jags will look better when Clown puts Stones back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.