Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost a lot of respect for him last season when he seemed to bottle out of being the captain at times. But the second half of the season he shut me up. Dedicated, determined and showed proper leadership qualities.

His tackle (oh matron) yesterday in the box was fantastic!

Lost a lot of respect for him last season when he seemed to bottle out of being the captain at times. But the second half of the season he shut me up. Dedicated, determined and showed proper leadership qualities.

I have no real problem with Jags to be honest

He's always got an excellent tackle in him, no matter how poorly he's been playing leading up to it

Fine with him being captain for now, although I would eventually like to see McCarthy get it in the future

I have no real problem with Jags to be honest

He's always got an excellent tackle in him, no matter how poorly he's been playing leading up to it

Fine with him being captain for now, although I would eventually like to see McCarthy get it in the future
For Spurs or City?

Well, we've seen two CBs go, so we're short there. Browning looked good yesterday, but it's asking a lot to step straight into the PL during the season - not impossible but difficult and, therefore, undesirable.

It's not right that because Jagielka happens to wear the armband (and we can have another debate about how fit he is to wear it) he doesn't face competition. If he's in poor form - out he goes. That's the only way to run a team. No grace and no favour.

I'm not implying he should be in the team because he's captain. People should be in the team based on form. But, Jagielka looks like he's carried his end of season form forward so far, so him and Stones should be the starting pair. If one of them falls out of form, then the third choice will be used, simple.

I'm not implying he should be in the team because he's captain. People should be in the team based on form. But, Jagielka looks like he's carried his end of season form forward so far, so him and Stones should be the starting pair. If one of them falls out of form, then the third choice will be used, simple.

Alacaraz is available !!

I agree. We need four really. Stones, Jagielka, Browning + a new signing.

If any of them are hitting poor form they go out of the team and take to the bench.

We cant afford to hang around for someone to have a great second half of the season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.