Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another poke in the eye to all the doom and gloom merchants, you'd think they'd learn but no a couple of indifferent performances and these [swear word] love to write a player off.

His form was terrible early on this season.

Definitely recovered it now.

Did give me heart murmours

Has really hit top form since the critics piled on him. Brilliant riposte in the Anfield derby to all those who forgot years of brilliant service because of a couple of bad games. Still in my opinion one of the top centrebacks in the premier league and one of Everton's best ever premier league centrebacks. He has limitations on the ball but for me he is our best 'defender'. The commentators were desperate for Origi to do anything during the game but Jagielka completely nullified him.

Never doubt that he will back to his best after the bad start of the season. Is right jags to give the answer on the pitch to all the moaners. What a player.Love you till death..

I think it's fair to say that EVERY player goes thru some bad bits of form. Jags is no different, I don't see why people jump on players so fast when they have a couple of dodgy games.

Plus, it certainly wasn't all down to jags at the start of the season. He was one of a few under performing a little. Seemed to take the brunt of the blame tho!

Origi and ballotelli leading the line for the red [Poor language removed]? Oh yes please!!

Considering we where the 'home' team the constant fawning over the headless chicken Origi by the commentators was nauseating. Jags nullified him brilliantly, forcing him away from any danger consistantly. I am made up to see him back on form. Top player and a top gent too.
They spent all game saying what a handful he was being and then with about two minutes to go said something like 'well he's showed his skills and quality but nothing he's tried has really come off' without once saying that's bexause Jags had him in his pocket for the full 90!

Jags was awesome last night as was the whole team defensively... Even Hibbert.

Outstanding yesterday.

Kept Origi quiet despite ITV4 blerting themselves over nothing and won almost every header that he challenged for.

Maybe his best performance since his golden period of 2008-2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.