Naismith's Barkley Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I give him credit. It took me a long time to get past the harrowing experience of his early Everton career performances, but I do recognise that he's earned the right to come into this first team and play his part - because of his combativity mostly.

But that doesn't make him in my eyes a player who can dole out that type of advice to team mates. If it'd have come from Barry or Eto'o I'd have thought nothing of it, because they have earned the right in their careers to take such an overview of other player's games. Naismith has done **** all.

If I was Barkley I'd laugh in his face and tell him to swing it.

Out of interest, is there any part you disagree on? Naismith is a far more experienced player who has played at the top level that probably qualifies him to dish out sound advice to the young lads.

Going by your strange logic Roberto will have to pick and choose who he gives advice to based on his own ability. Naisy being injured was going to inject free flowing performances, how did that work out?....hahaha

It's not like you to miss the point when you're talking about Naismith?? He's not trying to say that he's a better player than Barkley lol, he's just giving the lad advice! Naismith is an experienced player, you don't need to have won champions leagues to be an experienced player, Naismith has played in many big games at international and club level, it's good that he's offering advice to young players! The guy is a model professional and sets a great example to youngsters!
How have I missed the point? I'm saying Naismith doesn't have the clout to be offering advice of any description to a player like Barkley.

It's utterly bizarre.

His own passing is a disgrace and he's highlighting Barkley's far superior passing ability as a problem he needs to work on.

We've entered some parallel universe when bog standard players get to act like they have anything to offer a class player like RB.

Out of interest, is there any part you disagree on? Naismith is a far more experienced player who has played at the top level that probably qualifies him to dish out sound advice to the young lads.

Going by your strange logic Roberto will have to pick and choose who he gives advice to based on his own ability. Naisy being injured was going to inject free flowing performances, how did that work out?....hahaha
Martinez has achieved something: he took a backwater club like Swansea and gave them a new identity and impetus to get to the big time; and then he won the first major trophy in another club's history, and then got us our record PL points total dragging us kicking and screaming back to being a proper football club again. I think he's defo earned the right to look Barkley in the eye and tell him what's what. Naismith on the other hand has achieved the square root of precisely **** all...and please dont throw in the Buckfast Scottish PL titles he's won as a counter argument.

Martinez has achieved something: he took a backwater club like Swansea and gave them a new identity and impetus to get to the big time; and then he won the first major trophy in another club's history, and then got us our record PL points total dragging us kicking and screaming back to being a proper football club again. I think he's defo earned the right to look Barkley in the eye and tell him what's what. Naismith on the other hand has achieved the square root of precisely **** all...and please dont throw in the Buckfast Scottish PL titles he's won as a counter argument

Martinez has achieved something: he took a backwater club like Swansea and gave them a new identity and impetus to get to the big time; and then he won the first major trophy in another club's history, and then got us our record PL points total dragging us kicking and screaming back to being a proper football club again. I think he's defo earned the right to look Barkley in the eye and tell him what's what. Naismith on the other hand has achieved the square root of precisely **** all...and please dont throw in the Buckfast Scottish PL titles he's won as a counter argument.

Why do you have it in for Naismith ? Did he kill your family pet or something? Criticised at almost every opportunity and praise given through gritted teeth. Even though he's blatantly been one of our better players this season.

Unlike McGeady, who can do no wrong.

How have I missed the point? I'm saying Naismith doesn't have the clout to be offering advice of any description to a player like Barkley.

It's utterly bizarre.

His own passing is a disgrace and he's highlighting Barkley's far superior passing ability as a problem he needs to work on.

We've entered some parallel universe when bog standard players get to act like they have anything to offer a class player like RB.

He has experience to offer ie. decision making, which comes with experience! I'm sure Ross will listen to his advice, he doesn't come across as the arrogant type that's going to refuse advice from more experienced players!

All he said was something relatively sensible to protect Barkley and counterbalance some of frothing at the mouth the manager does on occasion.

Naismith can also advise him on the correct amount of Irn Bru to add to spirits to make the drink Scottish. AIDS and McCarthy could also help in this instance but they are traitors and would suggest to sign for Liverpool while making the drink.

Why do you have it in for Naismith ? Did he kill your family pet or something? Criticised at almost every opportunity and praise given through gritted teeth. Even though he's blatantly been one of our better players this season.

Unlike McGeady, who can do no wrong.
Very witty. But not really addressing the issue.

He has experience to offer ie. decision making, which comes with experience! I'm sure Ross will listen to his advice, he doesn't come across as the arrogant type that's going to refuse advice from more experienced players!
When his stats show that his decision making skills are based on on a passing success rate that only Stevie Wonder would find daunting, I'd say he has nothing to offer.

Think about it for a second. Naismith offering a talent like Barkley advice...on anything.

!!!!

It's utterly bizarre.

Don't think he was complained about his passing Dave, he said losing the ball. “He will make mistakes and he will maybe come on in games and be effective or he will come on and lose the ball. He needs to learn the times when he does go forward and do his bit and the times to keep it simple. But that will come with experience."

Ross rarely makes bad pass when he starts a game, which you have reflected in your stats. Where he does lose it a lot is making poor decisions to run at multiple opponents who then take the ball off his feet and counter us on the break. In those circumstances he'd often be better making a simple pass to a teamate. It is an area that Naismith is better than Ross imo, along with winning headers, but as Naismith says that decision making will likely come with experience.

Don't think he was complained about his passing Dave, he said losing the ball. “He will make mistakes and he will maybe come on in games and be effective or he will come on and lose the ball. He needs to learn the times when he does go forward and do his bit and the times to keep it simple. But that will come with experience."

Ross rarely makes bad pass when he starts a game, which you have reflected in your stats. Where he does lose it a lot is making poor decisions to run at multiple opponents who then take the ball off his feet and counter us on the break. In those circumstances he'd often be better making a simple pass to a teamate. It is an area that Naismith is better than Ross imo, along with winning headers, but as Naismith says that decision making will likely come with experience.

Even on that narrower issue of taking other opposition players on and losing it, it's wrong to try and censure Barkley. Just looking through the stats for the same period and it shows that he carries the ball forward about 30 times in 5 games and is successful in roughly just over half. That type of play is not a feature of Naismith's game (he barely goes on a run with the ball once in games on average). He's basically asking Barkley to limit his own game in that respect, and it makes no sense. That's the nature of this talent, and you'll never get 100% success doing it - not even Messi will nail the majority of his own forward forays.

I'm not ignoring Naismith's own attributes here. I'm merely underlining the point that limited players have no business using some BS conceit around their own 'experience' to offer a gifted player advice. I'm sure Barkley will cast those words aside. He needs to too. What we dont want is the tethering of his ability to suit some ridiculous critique from a man who should try and put his own house in order.

Oh I give him credit. It took me a long time to get past the harrowing experience of his early Everton career performances, but I do recognise that he's earned the right to come into this first team and play his part - because of his combativity mostly.

But that doesn't make him in my eyes a player who can dole out that type of advice to team mates. If it'd have come from Barry or Eto'o I'd have thought nothing of it, because they have earned the right in their careers to take such an overview of other player's games. Naismith has done **** all.

If I was Barkley I'd laugh in his face and tell him to swing it.
Hes been out best plater this season by a long way dave.thats why he got that massive reception off the crowd on monday mate.why dont you just admit your wrong and let it drop

Status
Not open for further replies.