Naismith's Barkley Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Can see where you're coming from as I felt the same at the time. He was one of the worst players i've seen pull on the shirt, but that was in part down to him being played out of position which was Moyes' fault.

However, I can't agree at all about the rest of your comments. There are appropriate ways to handle talents like Barkley. For me the right way is exactly what Martinez has done in allowing him to take risks and give him license to try and run at players etc. Having said that, there is always room for improvement for certain players and Naismith is spot on with what he's said. Barkley will learn that there are times when it's acceptable to try it all himself and times when there are not. It's similar to this passing round at the back bollocks that we do a lot of the time. Martinez may tell them to play that way, but there are times when Jagielka etc will ignore that and get rid which is what is needed at the time.

Barkley has exceptional talent. far more than Naismith will ever have. But that doesn't mean Naismith doesn't have experience to comment on players like him. There is barely anything worse as a player to have a team mate who is trying too much and losing possession constantly which Barkley has been prone to do in the past. Naismith is well within his rights to offer some good advice to Barkley which he has done so I don't see a problem at all.

The way to not go about is is the way Hodgson did it in the friendly which was indefensible in my eyes,

The other thing to note in this is that Naismith and Barkley are chasing the same starting position under Martinez. For that reason alone Naismith had no right intervening to point out what he thought are Barkley's weaknesses. There's definite personal gain to be made out of it.

The more you weigh it all up it was an outrageous interview to give. Getting way above his station this feller. He's done nothing in the game.

The bulk of Naismith's passes are short and he has a very high ratio of unsuccessful passes. It's a chronic aspect of his game that needs a lot of working on. Making just three out of every four passes on average is shocking.

And what you're saying in defence of Naismith (risk is worth it) is exactly the opposite to what Naismith is cautioning Barkley to do - take less risk.

If that was indeed the case which it isn't. It would remind me of the chronic case of most of your posts @davek being wrong. Making just one out of every three hundred posts that is right on average is shocking.

Naismith is entitled to mentor Barkley as he's world class and Barkley is lucky to have someone like that playing with him. Someone who'll look after him

Must admit I see where day-vek is coming from, if you took it as a cynically motivated interview.

But I think it's just Naismith trying to stick up for a team mate. That said, he could have done so by emphasising the positive rather than the negative. I'm a believer that age doesn't matter if you're a born winner; the emphasis for Barkley should be about surpassing himself each and every game, not giving him the excuse to poorly perform.

So basically, I disagree with Naismith. You egg on world class talent to go one better whenever possible, and you let them know if they're underperforming immediately. If they're truly world class, they respond to critique better than excuses.

The other thing to note in this is that Naismith and Barkley are chasing the same starting position under Martinez. For that reason alone Naismith had no right intervening to point out what he thought are Barkley's weaknesses. There's definite personal gain to be made out of it.

The more you weigh it all up it was an outrageous interview to give. Getting way above his station this feller. He's done nothing in the game.

No Dave. Barkley is more adaptable than you give him credit for and can play more deep and that will play to his strengths (running from deep) whilst also getting him more involved in the game.

Naismith has every right to give that interview as he's looking after his team mate and given that Naismith has demonstrated how good a slotter he is. Its a perfect interview to give and should help Barkley immensely.

If that was indeed the case which it isn't. It would remind me of the chronic case of most of your posts @davek being wrong. Making just one out of every three hundred posts that is right on average is shocking.

Naismith is entitled to mentor Barkley as he's world class and Barkley is lucky to have someone like that playing with him. Someone who'll look after him

Hahahahaha... I'm a Naisy fan but bloody hell that is ridiculous!

Think we should all have a Nais tattoo,he's boss,Davey has already got his.

Amen mate.

Its great to see us having a world class youth like Barkley and a world class slotter like Naismith in our team.

If we beat Southampton this weekend it will be evident. Naismith is important to an Everton side winning games.

It will categorically prove @davek was wrong.

Amen mate.

Its great to see us having a world class youth like Barkley and a world class slotter like Naismith in our team.

If we beat Southampton this weekend it will be evident. Naismith is important to an Everton side winning games.

It will categorically prove @davek was wrong.
Think he already knows that,he loves him really.

Think he already knows that,he loves him really.

@davek knows it. But will not ever admit it has he has been royally embarrassed by Naismith in the past. Dave was on of the main ones calling him all the names under the sun.

Dave just doesn't know how to spot a player.

Must admit I see where day-vek is coming from, if you took it as a cynically motivated interview.

But I think it's just Naismith trying to stick up for a team mate. That said, he could have done so by emphasising the positive rather than the negative. I'm a believer that age doesn't matter if you're a born winner; the emphasis for Barkley should be about surpassing himself each and every game, not giving him the excuse to poorly perform.

So basically, I disagree with Naismith. You egg on world class talent to go one better whenever possible, and you let them know if they're underperforming immediately. If they're truly world class, they respond to critique better than excuses.

I'm waiting for the next Naismith interview: "Samuel Eto'o: Where it's all Gone Wrong for my Cameroonian Colleague"

Status
Not open for further replies.