Naismith's Barkley Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Naismith has warned fans to give Ross Barkley time to learn and develop.

Naismith:

Some wise words there.

Similarly to Lukaku, they're both 21 and with that, they'll have a greater tendency to have off games.

Esk and I said as much on Monday. Easy to forget sometimes just how young Lukaku is still. Hopefully both will be with us for a long time and get better and better. As Naismith says, we have some real experience here, with the likes of Eto'o (Lukaku), Barry and Naismith (Barkley), Baines (Garbutt) and Jags (Stones) all capable of giving the young lads some great pointers.

The more you here from Naismith the more likeable he becomes. He really has flourished over the last year.

Hold on, Naismith cautioning anyone about losing the ball, let alone Barkley.

Last 5 games both Barkley and Naismith have been involved in:

Naismith 159 successful passes out of 215 made (74%)
Barkley 194 successful passes out of 224 made (86%)

Does Naismith really feel he's entitled to offer advice on retaining possession? The feller is the worst in possession in the whole team.

Laughable.
shaq.gif

I find the idea of Naismith setting himself up as 'experienced senior pro' laughable. He's barely out of the stages where he was one of the worst players to pull the Royal Blue on for a couple of generations.

Let him sort his own chronic decision making out before he offers advice to a player he's not fit to dubbin the boots of.

Naismith offers advice to Barkley. Right up there with Bob the Builder critiques the work of Michelangelo.

I find the idea of Naismith setting himself up as 'experienced senior pro' laughable. He's barely out of the stages where he was one of the worst players to pull the Royal Blue on for a couple of generations.

Let him sort his own chronic decision making out before he offers advice to a player he's not fit to dubbin the boots of.

Naismith offers advice to Barkley. Right up there with Bob the Builder critiques the work of Michelangelo.
Naismith may well not possess the talent some of our young players have, but he's got an attitude that is to be admired and mirrored. He's made the most of his limited ability and if better players, like Barkley, do that then we have some brilliant prospects on our hands.

Hold on, Naismith cautioning anyone about losing the ball, let alone Barkley.

Last 5 games both Barkley and Naismith have been involved in:

Naismith 159 successful passes out of 215 made (74%)
Barkley 194 successful passes out of 224 made (86%)

Does Naismith really feel he's entitled to offer advice on retaining possession? The feller is the worst in possession in the whole team.

Laughable.
He does not profess to be the best footballer on the park, however he has allot more experience than most and so is entitled to pass that on. You may not like him but at least give him credit when he is trying to help our younger players. After all he never leaves the pitch without giving 110%

Is this some sort of early/late April Fools post?

He does not profess to be the best footballer on the park, however he has allot more experience than most and so is entitled to pass that on. You may not like him but at least give him credit when he is trying to help our younger players. After all he never leaves the pitch without giving 110%
Oh I give him credit. It took me a long time to get past the harrowing experience of his early Everton career performances, but I do recognise that he's earned the right to come into this first team and play his part - because of his combativity mostly.

But that doesn't make him in my eyes a player who can dole out that type of advice to team mates. If it'd have come from Barry or Eto'o I'd have thought nothing of it, because they have earned the right in their careers to take such an overview of other player's games. Naismith has done **** all.

If I was Barkley I'd laugh in his face and tell him to swing it.

bob the builder finishes his work in 20 minutes Michelangelo takes 30 years

Oh I give him credit. It took me a long time to get past the harrowing experience of his early Everton career performances, but I do recognise that he's earned the right to come into this first team and play his part - because of his combativity mostly.

But that doesn't make him in my eyes a player who can dole out that type of advice to team mates. If it'd have come from Barry or Eto'o I'd have thought nothing of it, because they have earned the right in their careers to take such an overview of other player's games. Naismith has done **** all.

It's not like you to miss the point when you're talking about Naismith?? He's not trying to say that he's a better player than Barkley lol, he's just giving the lad advice! Naismith is an experienced player, you don't need to have won champions leagues to be an experienced player, Naismith has played in many big games at international and club level, it's good that he's offering advice to young players! The guy is a model professional and sets a great example to youngsters!

Very wise words from our Naisy there. Wish players with potential weren't hyped up so much and didn't have pressure put on them, let them mature in there own time.

Are you always so negative and bitter or do you spend many hours practicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.