Mirror Football's coverage of Everton - a conversation with a top Mirror journo

Status
Not open for further replies.
City can't afford £50m for Barkley, due to FFP.

It would swallow up what they're allowed to pay out in one summer.

Already got their fingers burnt and had their CL squad size reduced as punishment.

Why do you think £35m is being bandied?

Trying to get him on the cheap out of necessity.

If they fail FFP this season/next summer and are trading the wrong way theyll be hit again harder.

We need to get planning permission in place ASAP.

I know FFP inside out.

If anything we are more likely to get investment now more than ever if planning is granted.

"Investment" being input to build the stadium

To get shares which increase in value

Due to increased profitablity in the club ( SHARES of profit)

Due to higher revenues.

Infrastructure is separate to player expenditure and not FFP limited in any way.

So remain calm. Planning permission is key for us and a good and economic stadium plan in place that boosts revenue into the sky
I agree that a new stadium is key to boost revenue and that we should be able to get investors interested in it. Whether we will get investors interested in it I'm less sure - a bit of a hangover from previous stadium talks.

I'm certain if we do sell Barkley, it will be for a very good price - just uncertain if our current financial postion means we'll be able to reject that price if it is offered.

I know FFP inside out.

If anything we are more likely to get investment now more than ever if planning is granted.

"Investment" being input to build the stadium

To get shares which increase in value

Due to increased profitablity in the club ( SHARES of profit)

Due to higher revenues.

Infrastructure is separate to player expenditure and not FFP limited in any way.

So remain calm. Planning permission is key for us and a good and economic stadium plan in place that boosts revenue into the sky
ALWNV

Don't you worry about City being able to afford young ross, if they want him then they have already signed him. just a matter of time.

Whats all this going on about FFP? cant afford x amount because of it? Not sure you have a grasp on the subject. They can pay out 100 million on ross and be fine if they then sell 2 players for 30 million each for example. Well within the limits and i am sure their revenues allow them to spend more than that anyway before the FFP hits home. So if City did want him he is all but confirmed.

The mirror is a rag. Only use for it is if you still have an outside Carsie where it can join the Sun.

I wonder on the other point has Stubbs been a conduit for other Everton stories?

They've run with Raheem Sterling to Real Madrid today...have they swapped allegiances? Trying to balance things out? Still a waste of good trees if you ask me.

Don't you worry about City being able to afford young ross, if they want him then they have already signed him. just a matter of time.

Whats all this going on about FFP? cant afford x amount because of it? Not sure you have a grasp on the subject. They can pay out 100 million on ross and be fine if they then sell 2 players for 30 million each for example. Well within the limits and i am sure their revenues allow them to spend more than that anyway before the FFP hits home. So if City did want him he is all but confirmed.

That's the spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.