Mirror Football's coverage of Everton - a conversation with a top Mirror journo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is signing a new contract? I thought he just signed one? Though i guess if the Mirror are saying he is moving then he must be...

Contracts don't mean a lot though, if a club offers a player daft money, their own club has to make a counter offer. Ronaldo used Man Utd last summer to get a new deal from Real, waffling on about how he'd like to go back there. Players' agents plant these stories too sometimes.
I don't think that's the case here with Ross though. He won't have said anything about a move.

Contracts don't mean a lot though, if a club offers a player daft money, their own club has to make a counter offer. Ronaldo used Man Utd last summer to get a new deal from Real, waffling on about how he'd like to go back there. Players' agents plant these stories too sometimes.
I don't think that's the case here with Ross though. He won't have said anything about a move.

It was a joke referring to how every time the Mirror run a story about one of our players leaving they soon sign a new contract (see Baines/Coleman/Stones/Barkley)

Status
Not open for further replies.