Mirror Football's coverage of Everton - a conversation with a top Mirror journo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat Tony the deluded Kopite, calling Blues again.....

I've no idea how that fat mess got the gig at The Times.

Because it's the Times.

I frequently get the Mail and the Times mixed up as they're both abysmal.

What has basically happened in traditional media is that they're finding their numbers dwindling, so they are as controversial as possible to get people talking and interested in what they have to say. Which, of course, leads to a cesspool in terms of journalism quality.

Take TalkSPORT for example - they exist solely to wind people up into phoning a telephone number.

Lowest hanging fruit is their mantra. They should be ignored by anyone and everyone with a functioning brain until they go away.

Because it's the Times.

What has basically happened in traditional media is that they're finding their numbers dwindling, so they are as controversial as possible to get people talking and interested in what they have to say. Which, of course, leads to a cesspool in terms of journalism quality.

Take TalkSPORT for example - they exist solely to wind people up into phoning a telephone number.

Lowest hanging fruit is their mantra. They should be ignored by anyone and everyone with a functioning brain until they go away.

Its true. Gone are the days of journalism with integrity.

Most of the time they don't know anything anyway because none of the managers or players trust them.

Because it's the Times.

And what newspaper would you recommend?

I actually find the Times sports section to be pretty unbiased. Not a shock to see a horrible red in charge though, they get everywhere in the media, like peado's but a little less slimey

You mean like slugs, those nasty things that slither around the garden.

@BoysInBlue

e6W9M7T.jpg

Small example of the Mirror's negative spin on Everton and Everton players in Saturday's paper. Both the Mirror and the Daily Telegraph cover Sunday's pre-Palace game press conference with quotes from Phil Jagielka.

Mirror's headline: Everton's Phil Jagielka not expecting return to England first XI after being World Cup fall-guy
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/evertons-phil-jagielka-not-expecting-4288501?

Telegraph's headline: Phil Jagielka vows to fight to win back his England place
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...s-to-fight-to-win-back-his-England-place.html

It's not just the headlines that differ greatly either, the tones of both pieces - covering the same Jagielka interview and comments - couldn't be more different (the Mirror making out Jagielka is suddenly too old at 32, when Gerrard has only just retired at 34).

In addition, the Mirror also have Warnock talking up Martinez as the next Real Madrid or Barcelona manager.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-boss-roberto-martinezs-next-4289825?

Mirror Rule #17237838: Everton can't have nice things and if things are going well on all fronts - destabilise, destabilise, destabilise.

Status
Not open for further replies.