Lundstram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt is ready for the first team easily mate

Not for me, he has been decent in the friendliest but hasn't really done that much in competative games. He has also only played a few minutes in the Premier League and hasn't even played in the Championship. The only reason I would keep him at the moment is due to Oviedo being injured, as soon as he is fit enough I would send him to the championship where he will start for majority of the teams which is what he needs at this stage in his career.

Played vs Forrest today in a 2 -0 loss. Blackpool look a team in disarray. Recap on BBC said they only 4 subs available today and they had only 8 1st team players in total until 2 weeks ago. Not the best environment for him to develop.

Well they've hardly got any players so at least he'll be guaranteed playing time. And I think it's good we're helping them out after the part they played in Seamus' development.

Guardian described his contribution as "outstanding" which ain't bad given the disarray Blackpool are in and his lack of experience. Note also they trusted him with a free-kick - impressive.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...am-forest-blackpool-championship-match-report

The visitors should have taken the lead when the outstanding John Lundstram lofted a free-kick to Nathan Delfouneso at the far post. The Aston Villa loanee headed wide.

i remember someone said that we should send a few players to them.

think it would be a good idea myself, get a few of our youngsters to continue their development together at a high level, possibly better than having them sporadically at blackpool, yeovil, leyton orient etc on their own. could outdo the financial gains we'll make (which probably aren't anything either).

everyone will be rooting for blackpool, but you'd expect they're doomed already. only had 9 players at the start of today or something weird i heard.

Well they've hardly got any players so at least he'll be guaranteed playing time. And I think it's good we're helping them out after the part they played in Seamus' development.
Blackpool are a team in utter disarray. Guaranteed playing time - yes. Guaranteed quality coaching - not at all.

I'm not saying the game time will not develop him, I just worry that he will not be correctly nurtured.

Sometimes that can be worse, including harder to rectify. Hopefully he learns from the whole experience.

Blackpool are a team in utter disarray. Guaranteed playing time - yes. Guaranteed quality coaching - not at all.

I'm not saying the game time will not develop him, I just worry that he will not be correctly nurtured.

Sometimes that can be worse, including harder to rectify. Hopefully he learns from the whole experience.

agree he could have gone to other clubs and played not as much but learned a lot more. he'll possibly learn more having to battle for everything in a struggling team as opposed to being head and shoulders above everyone at league 1.

Maybe loan them a few coaches as well, and try getting them to play the way Martinez wants Everton playing. That way the young lads get the right coaching and get to play at a higher level of competition than say the U21 level. Could almost make Blackpool a feeder club.

Who's to say someone at Everton coaching staff isn't at his every game and checking on him weekly.

Oh because that is probably happening anyway.

Who's to say someone at Everton coaching staff isn't at his every game and checking on him weekly.

Indeed you may be correct.

Nevertheless, I doubt we will have someone at Squires Gate each day for training or in the changing room before kick off.

Understandably we'll have people viewing his performances, yet they will not be a factor in his actual tuition at the club. They cannot moderate what he is told - and who by. It has also been reported in the recent press that their training facilities are 'dilapidated' and 'inadequate. Their manager even refuses to talk to the press: does that not raise questions to the nature of the current coaching staff?

I may be wrong, I just worry that the multiple and complex issues at Blackpool will not be to his overall benefit.

Sometimes slightly less game time, however in a better environment, can be more beneficial. Look at how Chelsea and Barca trusted us last season: they trusted Martinez to develop their players. The question therefore is do we trust Blackpool with John?

Indeed you may be correct.

Nevertheless, I doubt we will have someone at Squires Gate each day for training or in the changing room before kick off.

Understandably we'll have people viewing his performances, yet they will not be a factor in his actual tuition at the club. They cannot moderate what he is told - and who by. It has also been reported in the recent press that their training facilities are 'dilapidated' and 'inadequate. Their manager even refuses to talk to the press: does that not raise questions>

I may be wrong, I just worry that the multiple and complex issues at Blackpool will not be to his overall benefit.

Sometimes slightly less game time, however in a better environment, can be more beneficial. Look at how Chelsea and Barca trusted us last season: they trusted Martinez to develop their players.

Maybe thats why he's been sent there. To toughen him up.

You don't get everything perfect in life. He's had Everton training facilities for years.

But not all opposition he is going to play against are as cotton wooled as that.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Its character building

i know one of are former kids coaches is employed there and highly thought of left a job at city to take the higher positon up at blackpool so they do have some decent coaches at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.