Lundstram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan to Doncaster Rovers[edit]
In February 2013, he joined Doncaster Rovers on loan.[4] He made his full league début for the club in a 1–1 draw against Yeovil Town on 23 February 2013.[5] Lundstram went on to make over a dozen appearances for Rovers, becoming a key part of the side that lifted the League One trophy come the end of the season.

Last year I was talking to a Donny fan and he wished Lundstram would come back to them on loan. He said the Donny fans really liked him.

Anyone seen him play? I watched him play at southports ground n had to check the lineup for his name as he was the standout player in the youth team that day. Looked very composed n sprayed some good balls about.

Got a friend in work who's a massive Blackpool FC supporter (poor lad) who didn't rate him at all when he's seen him play. I myself watched him in a pre season friendly match this season and thought he was ok, just an average young player.

Good technically - great range of passing, can control a ball and shoot.

Unfortunately he just lets the game pass him by and doesn't even attempt to make tackles. And this is at U21 level never mind Premier League. There was a point at which I thought he could be better than Barkley and go right under the radar but unfortunately I think he's now lower Championship level at best.

It's not a matter of writing them off though mate.
If he was good enough he's be getting a chance.
We can't gove every single youth player a go, just on the off chance he might be good.

Especially in our current predicament.

TBF Barkley never really impressed with Shef Wed or Leeds and Blackpool are worse than both of those. Not sure I'd risk throwing him in at the deep end, but we may well have to play him if anymore injuries or suspensions arise.
Exactly.

Just because he didn't impress there doesn't mean he hasn't got future here IMO think he could form a formidable partnership with Besic, Lundstram can do all the passing whilst Besic can do all of the tackling and stuff.

Exactly.

Just because he didn't impress there doesn't mean he hasn't got future here IMO think he could form a formidable partnership with Besic, Lundstram can do all the passing whilst Besic can do all of the tackling and stuff.

No mate.

We could sell Lundstram and it might give us a little wiggle room in the FFP stakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.