First step to new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
The billionaire bunging in money for transfers model is dead.

Clubs generating their money is the new thing.

FFP is encouraging this.

FFP killed off the scenario of billionaire owners bunging money in for anything other than building stadiums and infrastructure that generates money for the club
I would still love a Man City dude though...

I honestly think Bill has done a good job the past few years. Cannot be knocked this past year, spending at last, financially stable and kicking off this stadium again.

Think some people just love to hate. Far worse owners out there right now.

Sorry PT, you cannot hold reasonable views like that on these forums. Everything is BKs fault.
He's either not selling EFC as it is his play thing ("train set" is a good derisory term to use)
OR
He has a cunning plan to sell us out so that he makes a massive profit ("lining his own pockets" is a recommended phrase to use).
The fact that these views are completely contradictory is irrelevant.
Remember, it makes life so much easier if you have someone to blame and it helps us to sleep better at night.

Sorry PT, you cannot hold reasonable views like that on these forums. Everything is BKs fault.
He's either not selling EFC as it is his play thing ("train set" is a good derisory term to use)
OR
He has a cunning plan to sell us out so that he makes a massive profit ("lining his own pockets" is a recommended phrase to use).
The fact that these views are completely contradictory is irrelevant.
Remember, it makes life so much easier if you have someone to blame and it helps us to sleep better at night.
Bill-Kenwright-008.jpg

I would still love a Man City dude though...

Apparently we were close to getting them.

I can't remember who told me this so it means nothing, but I'm not making it up. Someone who deals in football business or something said that he was at the meeting where the Sheiks took City over, and we were there too, and basically it came down to the stadium and the fact that City were the first they talked to. Our boys must have been off at the buffet or something.

They wanted a club that had a nearby rival which was more successful (trophies and commercial), and then to take over the "smaller" club and rub the other's face in the dirt with it.

I can't even remember if it was on TV or I read it or someone ITK told me at Goodison... but I remember those words.

I can't remember who told me this so it means nothing, but I'm not making it up. Someone who deals in football business or something said that he was at the meeting where the Sheiks took City over, and we were there too, and basically it came down to the stadium and the fact that City were the first they talked to. Our boys must have been off at the buffet or something.

They wanted a club that had a nearby rival which was more successful (trophies and commercial), and then to take over the "smaller" club and rub the other's face in the dirt with it.

I can't even remember if it was on TV or I read it or someone ITK told me at Goodison... but I remember those words.
I think you will find that if there is any truth to this....we rejected him/them because at the time we were handcuffed by an "Exclusivity Agreement" with Knowsley Council for that farce that ensued.
So once again, if that was indeed the case, add that to the long list of f*** ups by our "Board"
155982_1.jpg

I think you will find that if there is any truth to this....we rejected him/them because at the time we were handcuffed by an "Exclusivity Agreement" with Knowsley Council for that farce that ensued.
So once again, if that was indeed the case, add that to the long list of f*** ups by our "Board"
155982_1.jpg

lol

Sorry Abu Dhabi government, Knowsley Council would be upset.

What's that? Give them £10m to cheer them up? Didn't occur to me at the time.

Jesus wept.

lol

Sorry Abu Dhabi government, Knowsley Council would be upset.

What's that? Give them £10m to cheer them up? Didn't occur to me at the time.

Jesus wept.
BK: "See them? That could have been us....but they didn't want to "invest" in Everton...damn Arabs"
article-0-0BA6FAE5000005DC-374_468x308.jpg

BK: "See them? That could have been us....but they didn't want to "invest" in Everton...damn Arabs"
article-0-0BA6FAE5000005DC-374_468x308.jpg

Haha - they didn't have the true interests of Everton Football Club and the area at heart, I could sense it with my Kenwright investor tester super-brain.

5 years later - Man City publish plans for Youth Academy, 6th Form College, 10k community stadium, gym and training centre open to public, education programs, coaching programs, deprived local youth sports programs, housing and roadways regeneration, disused building demolition and green spaces.
[BKs head hits desk]

Haha - they didn't have the true interests of Everton Football Club and the area at heart, I could sense it with my Kenwright investor tester super-brain.

5 years later - Man City publish plans for Youth Academy, 6th Form College, 10k community stadium, gym and training centre open to public, education programs, coaching programs, deprived local youth sports programs, housing and roadways regeneration, disused building demolition and green spaces.
[BKs head hits desk]
a number of "City" teams worldwide in major cities/markets.....
bill-kenwright-300-941850103.jpg

a number of "City" teams worldwide in major cities/markets.....
bill-kenwright-300-941850103.jpg

Oh yeah forgot that - I like what they're doing if I'm honest. Much better than the QPR / Chelsea model.

My granddad was a City fan tho so I have a soft spot for them.

Oh yeah forgot that - I like what they're doing if I'm honest. Much better than the QPR / Chelsea model.

My granddad was a City fan tho so I have a soft spot for them.
No doubt....respect to their owners. Even if they decide to leave eventually, they will have set up man City for life you would think.

No doubt....respect to their owners. Even if they decide to leave eventually, they will have set up man City for life you would think.

Oh yeah definitely.

City will only ever be relegated again if someone comes in and asset strips them, like Sisu did to Coventry.

The stuff they are building too, it's great. They are basically the council now in East Manchester (and by the way it's a proper run-down hole around where their stadium is).

Soon everyone who lives round there will be working for Man City pretty much, and all the kids will be going to college there lol.

My granddad went to the grammar school opposite Moss Side/Maine Road, and I always try to think of what he would feel now looking at his club. Wish he could have seen it.

I think that is a load of baloney.

Why on earth would these guys buy a football club based on nowt but wanting to rub another club's "face in the dirt"?

I think that is a load of baloney.

Why on earth would these guys buy a football club based on nowt but wanting to rub another club's "face in the dirt"?

Well ok not quite. It had to be a good club to start with. But they liked the idea of having a local rival, and preferred one that was ahead of them at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.