First step to new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me very much a situation down here in Bristol. For years, the city has needed a decent music/entertainment venue. Years and years of planning cock ups, phantom syndicates, political problems. But now, we seem to be progressing, with the council realising they need to shift position and work with outside investors to deliver a mutually beneficial solution.

Bristol gets an ace arena, council happy. Investors own a cash cow. Investors happy.

Ahh Roydo, fellow Bristol dweller. Is there a supporters club down here mate?

Allianz Arena offers near ten thousand for a capacity of over seventy thousand. A similar ratio wouldn't go amiss in any future development if the local road infasutructe could handle it.

Personally I very, very rarely drive and park at the match yet I'm aware a fair amount do, or at least would, if it was viable. May also attract fans who wouldn't normally attend.

With regards to a sale: the prospect of a new stadium is still a long way off. Any possible sale is equally as distant so I wouldn't get too intolerant of Bill's smile just yet.

10,000 cars all trying to leave a car park at approximately the same time? Sod that, you wouldn't catch me in there.

Who drives the stadium anyway? No way you could provide a car park big enough for 50,000 to visit. People are better using public transport or the park and rides located around the city. You're a fookin idiot if you drive in and around the ground before or after the game, traffic is a nightmare.

Yeah.

Instead of parking by the ground after driving an hour to get to Liverpool and then getting away from the ground within 20 minutes after the match i'll get the park and ride instead, so then it'll take me closer to 2 hours total to get home.

Definitely a 'fookin idiot' for not doing that like.

The new stadium planned and allowed to be built will leave the club in a far better position financially for sale as with projected increased earnings via TV internationally a new stadium would be branded along with some venture replacing Chang leading to concentrated exposure for whomever it is in control.

TV earnings are completely independent of stadium infrastructure. Take that out and the new stadium will have long term benefits but short/medium financing requirements. We could actually be in a worse financial position for some years like Arsenal were in servicing the stadium costs rather than player purchases.

This is BK's roll of the dice, apparently the global recession has turned and the possibility of a new stadium is enough for him to realise his stake (plus interest) when selling up.

The joker would roll the dice as many times as it takes to realise the massive profit ("interest" ffs) he's looking for.

There have been quite a few clubs that have gone to consortiums or to an owner who is a bit shady in terms of who owns him.

Everton being a prime example of that, you won't get much shadier than a chairman scamming a shareholders AGM with an imaginary prospective investor consortium, and an absentee Yank serial bankrupt owning a large stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.