First step to new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me very much a situation down here in Bristol. For years, the city has needed a decent music/entertainment venue. Years and years of planning cock ups, phantom syndicates, political problems. But now, we seem to be progressing, with the council realising they need to shift position and work with outside investors to deliver a mutually beneficial solution.

Bristol gets an ace arena, council happy. Investors own a cash cow. Investors happy.

So Everton seemingly have a green light to be part of a development in Walton Hall Park. Should this transpire (the permission) and if LCC have the willing and some of the funds for the entire development it is without question the first step to BK handing the reigns over to someone (most likely someones) and the club embarking on a new chapter of ownership and therefor a new direction.

The new stadium planned and allowed to be built will leave the club in a far better position financially for sale as with projected increased earnings via TV internationally a new stadium would be branded along with some venture replacing Chang leading to concentrated exposure for whomever it is in control. This is BK's roll of the dice, apparently the global recession has turned and the possibility of a new stadium is enough for him to realise his stake (plus interest) when selling up.

There have been quite a few clubs that have gone to consortiums or to an owner who is a bit shady in terms of who owns him. Are we better off with the devil we know or should we be buckled in for a rollercoaster ride with just any old Tom D.ick or Harry.

So, a means to an end for Bill, not necessarily for the club?

Within 12 months a the new ground being done, we will be sold. Nailed on.

Deffo mate!

j12bcw.jpg

Who drives the stadium anyway? No way you could provide a car park big enough for 50,000 to visit. People are better using public transport or the park and rides located around the city. You're a fookin idiot if you drive in and around the ground before or after the game, traffic is a nightmare.

Okay, clever [Poor language removed] - so where do those who currently park on the WHP Sports Centre go when the stadium is built ?

Most of the league including teams promoted last year and this year have been bought by someone else. 16 of the current 20 premier league teams have new owners in the past 10 years.

The question is, why not us?

even Stoke have vbeen bought out

Okay, clever [Poor language removed] - so where do those who currently park on the WHP Sports Centre go when the stadium is built ?
Don't be like that, no need.

Who drives the stadium anyway? No way you could provide a car park big enough for 50,000 to visit. People are better using public transport or the park and rides located around the city. You're a fookin idiot if you drive in and around the ground before or after the game, traffic is a nightmare.
Less of this.

Why has no one bought Newcastle and villa? Clubs with good stadiums and up for sale? I don't think a new stadium in the era of FFP= new owner

I hope Kenwright leaves but I don't think he would want to regardless he loves his train set.

Ah but, the idea of moving to a new site and stadium is to make car parking issues much less of an issue and ideally not an issue !!
When ever I've been to clubs with parking, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton and the likes, it has been a nightmare getting out. It's easier to park slightly away from the ground and walk instead of spend 2 hours not moving in a car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.