Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we didnt pay 15m for him, we paid 4m upfront rising to 15m, so if hes good it will be money well spent, if hes not(HIGHLY UNLIKELY:D) it will be 4m+ wasted.

Hes already scored 2 goals, imagine how many hes gonna get when he settles, i think his main problem was when he came we expected Messi, afterall we had just spent 15m, which on reflection is peanuts in this day and age, we had been spoilt by Moyes picking up these players like Arteta, Cahill and Pienaar for less than 10m.

So this young lad was gonna transform our season, he was gonna break up attacks and spread 50 yard passes and go on mazy runs. But hes not that kind of player, he plays at walking pace, but his touch is excellent and hes starting to win most headers. He takes up lovely attacking postions, but his defensive talents havent really shone. I think it should be said hes not a box to box player, hes an attacking midfielder.

So i would say we had the wrong idea of him, hes an excellent young player learning the game, when we find a system that allows him to shine he will. I have every faith and i dont blame his doubters i started to doubt him, but i think now hes starting to show what kind of player he is and im sure in time he will prove his doubters wrong.

Fellainis eagerness to gain possession, making himself constantly available for a pass and his composure on the ball is the key signs to the making of a quality player. He has both in abundance and his attitude is second to none. He is all about "the team"

Make no mistake, once settled... the lad will be an integral part of our team.

How much would you say Cahill's worth?

In todays market I'd say between 8-15 million. Does he have any outstanding qualities? I wouldn't say so to be honest.

I think we'll both agree that there's no doubting Tim is a very effective player, he wins you games and he makes a nuisence of himself.

Fellaini isn't a flashy player, he won't light a game up with something magic either. What he does do is keep things ticking, he's a handful and he does seem to have the knack for getting into good positions.

He's a good player who on his day will be unplayable because of his physical stature, like he was during periods against Man utd and Arsenal.

I'd say Cahill's knack of scoring a goal is an outstanding quality for a midfielder.

I'd say Cahill's knack of scoring a goal is an outstanding quality for a midfielder.

Fellaini looks like he's got that knack, he certainly takes up some good positions like Cahill.

2 goals in 7 games already, not bad at all. And saying that aswell both goals have come from the centre of midfield, he's playing in a deeper midfield position than Cahill.

I was recently told we have (or will soon have) his younger brother on our books. I forget his name, Mansor or Mansour I think.

Why do people always kook at prices,OK we have had some bargain buys in Cahill , Lescott ect.and rightly credit the manager but sometimes the selling club hold all the cards so you either pay what they consider acceptable or move on,at no time can you blame the player its not his fault.just judge the guy on how he plays not on what he cost;)

Why do people always kook at prices,OK we have had some bargain buys in Cahill , Lescott ect.and rightly credit the manager but sometimes the selling club hold all the cards so you either pay what they consider acceptable or move on,at no time can you blame the player its not his fault.just judge the guy on how he plays not on what he cost;)

Thats my only concern with Fellaini, is mindless fans getting on his back because of his price tag...

Agree with that one. It's not Fellaini's fault that Standard Liege wanted 15m for him and it's also not his problem Everton did pay the asking price. Just give the lad a chance and decide in a few years time, if we payed over the odds, or he really was worth the price we paid for him.;)

if bentley, bent , carrick, hargreaves ect are worth this kind of money then im sure after seeing this lad so far he is defo worth it!!

I think he's a good player but i still don't think he will be worth 15 million. I don't think he has the overall attributes to have a 15 million price tag on him.

And i don't think that a club as skint as us should be spending 15 million on just a good player.

I think he's a good player but i still don't think he will be worth 15 million. I don't think he has the overall attributes to have a 15 million price tag on him.

And i don't think that a club as skint as us should be spending 15 million on just a good player.

people's positions are already shifting.

now he's a good player.

he was badly [Poor language removed] 2 weeks ago.

What is a 15 million pound player?

Status
Not open for further replies.