Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your formation the central midfild line is very deep a little to deep for me mate.

That's just a rough copy. Obviously Fellaini and Pienaar would play higher up the pitch whereas the defensive midfielders sits and holds:

----------DM----------

Fellaini----------Pienaar

Something like that, two box to box midfielders and a holding player. I've never seen a player run as much as Pienaar, his engine is superb. He's like Dirk Kuyt with quality.

Classic!
lollol;)

Yes Fletcher was Fellaini's man but I'd give more credit to Fletcher and Giggs for creating that goal than blaming Fellaini for it.

Fletcher was off like a shot the minute he made the pass.

Even if Fellaini had taken off immediately with him there's no guarantee he would have been able to intercept the return pass or stick with Fletcher.

Because a goal is scored doesn't not automatically make it someone's fault on the defensive side of the ball. I wish people would understand that.

That said, I'm with Neiler. In a year or two, 15M is gonna look like an absolute steal.

I know he gets stick but Fletcher isn't chopped liver either. He's going to get goals every now and then. I was hoping we were going to buy him when we were rumored to be in the market for every player in the world worth between 5-10M over the summer.

Yes Fletcher was Fellaini's man but I'd give more credit to Fletcher and Giggs for creating that goal than blaming Fellaini for it.

Fletcher was off like a shot the minute he made the pass.

Even if Fellaini had taken off immediately with him there's no guarantee he would have been able to intercept the return pass or stick with Fletcher.

Because a goal is scored doesn't not automatically make it someone's fault on the defensive side of the ball. I wish people would understand that.

That said, I'm with Neiler. In a year or two, 15M is gonna look like an absolute steal.

I agree also.

A 20 year old that has just started hitting the limelight for 15million. With the gradient of improvement staying constant to the level it has already shown, his value will double by the time he is 22.

Compare

22 year old Moutinho = 18 million

22 year old Fellaini = 30 million

Not bad business in the slightest in all honesty.

So what if we had to sell to buy, So do most clubs.

i.e
RS has to sell Alonso to buy Barry

At least we are not buying players and having deadwood on the wage structure that we can't sell.

Many people may not agree with me, I can live with it.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=187693

Post number 14.

Complete bargain at 15m, now tell me that Tranny could have scored that goal.

The fact that Manny is 5'10 would probably tell you he wouldnt.

He'd probably just jink one way and go the other and slam it into the top corner.

Fellani is growing on me. Yes 15M was too much but Mutinho wasn't worth 15M either (if he was American he'd be worth 5M). I only wish we had him in training this summer so we didn't have to waste the entire 1st quarter of the season trying to find a position for him.

Bollocks that mate.

Moutinho is already a superb footballer and worth 15 million at least.

For older members....

There are times when he's on the ball that he reminds me of Martin Dobson. Although I think he'll be a better player than Dobbo :D

Improving with every game, he might in time, just become a legend here.

what a comparison dobbo was ace

The lad is getting better each game. Once he learns more English we will see a lot more from him. I am aware that we paid a hefty £15 million for him but he still is only 20 and will improve further as he matures and adapts to the game in England.

Bollocks that mate.

Moutinho is already a superb footballer and worth 15 million at least.

I don't know I never seen much from him that makes me think he's the 2nd coming or anything. It seems like since Ronaldo became great every Portugese player has gone up like an internet stock circa 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.