Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm in the minority here but I really don't want to see Fellaini leave.

I don't think so Bill. There seemed to be a lot of encouragement (cheers, clapping etc) for anything he did well today.

Totally agree with other posters too .. once he doesn't have to compensate for Osman and play up to an ineffectual Jelavic he'll be a lot more productive (and I daresay happy).

Without reading any knee jerk reactions to this thread my opinion stands at us being a far worse team without him. If he goes I think we'll suffer.

I think there's also a debate to be had about where his best position is. The popular belief that he's more effective from deep midfield is taken as gospel by far too many of our fans. 12 goals from attacking midfield is nothing to be sniffed at (I think he could have got more as well).

I think Robbie's doing the best job possible with regards to Fellaini, his best position is deeper in midfield, and benefits us more as Osman is really struggling atm.

He's also letting Felli push forward as well, which is positive because having him up front for 90 minutes became really predictable and boring.

Hopefully we can add just a few more (don't get excited Jags) long-ish balls in for a 5 minute burst every now and again, just to mix it up every now and again, throwing a new dynamic at the opposition amongst all our beautiful togger.

I think I'm in the minority here but I really don't want to see Fellaini leave.

I think the majority want Fellaini to stay, even when he has an average game (see the first two this season) his quality shines through and his importance to us can't be overstated. However, us being us, if this summer is like the rest and it is a case that we need to sell, I think the money we'd get for Fellaini and our ability to replace him is more and easier than it would be were it Baines we lost. Consequently I think most just see Fellaini as the better option to lose over Baines.

Will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be worth 15 million.

He is so average it's unbelievable to see.

He doesn't even have any good qualities.

Worth about 5-8 million but because it was last day of the transfer deadline, and Standard didn't want to sell, Everton just said name a price and we'll pay it.

a) because we hadn't spent ANY money at all and Kenwright needed the fans off his back.

b) because he was the only CM available that was abit better then a yard dog like Neville.

Wow just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.