Europa League possibility (Humour me here lads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought like......

If we end up 6th (which isn't a cert) what if...

Wigan get relegated and with the fact of knowing they have a 46 game season in the championship decide against competing in Europe league (don't know if they have a choice). Would that then open up 6th??

Not clutching at straws haha but in all seriousness is Europe something Wigan would actually want given the importance of getting back in the PL.

Wigan get relegated and with the fact of knowing they have a 46 game season in the championship decide against competing in Europe league (don't know if they have a choice). Would that then open up 6th??

Not clutching at straws haha but in all seriousness is Europe something Wigan would actually want given the importance of getting back in the PL.

Yes it would open up 6th. But I wouldnt count on it though. Birmingham were in a similar scenario a few years ago but they decided to compete in Europe anyway.

Wigan would definitely take the opportunity to play in Europe, a club of their stature even being in the premier league is a big bonus anyway, they were in the conference 15 years ago!

They won't.

The ****e have committed to play promotional friendlies in Indonesia & Australia in July, at the time the qualifying rounds (that the Fair play qualifiers will be entered into) are being played. Rodgers has also said that he doesn't want it, even if they get offered it, via that route.

Haha even the next best Southampton have now said they will turn it down if offered as they feel league finish should get the spot not fair play!

Well if no one else wants it......

according to SSN it sounds like the ********s are getting Europa fair play I thought England weren't in the top 3 places to qualify?

i have already accepted the possibility that those ****ers get to europe through FP rule.
thats missus fortuna slapping into our face big time. ridiculous.

eventhough they say they want to get to europe through table not through FB rule, they are ****ting us...they will be ****ing delighted and they can dismiss Suarez case with that gift.

not nice.

bleach-bottles-550x412.jpg

i have already accepted the possibility that those ****ers get to europe through FP rule.
thats missus fortuna slapping into our face big time. ridiculous.

eventhough they say they want to get to europe through table not through FB rule, they are ****ting us...they will be ****ing delighted and they can dismiss Suarez case with that gift.

not nice.

good and they can suffer like they did again this season. The europa league aint worth a carrott

Europe league, is it worth it with our current squad? Think we need a much bigger squad if we were to compete in both europe league and premier league. There is not much money in europe league either, so I think it would not be worth it as it looks today. I would love to see us in europe, but with our thin squad I think it would not benefit us.

good and they can suffer like they did again this season. The europa league aint worth a carrott

Agree there mate. Would absolutely knacker our squad IMO, with no real cash to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.