Europa League possibility (Humour me here lads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to listen to the potatoe lid, as he is telling me what I want to hear. Koff Brennan lid.

Fugg it, I say we should just turn up for the Europa whether we qualify or not. It's what Mahoney would do. He'd have a clipboard and be shouting the odds and yer one with the boobs would distract the shyte outta everyone, then Jones'd make a funny noise out the side of his mouth, everyone'd be cracking up. If that fails Tackleberry and Hightower could clear the way. Bottom line is that Mouser and Procter are [Poor language removed].

Sorry if I got people's hopes us, just wanted to know what the rules of qualification are in that scenario.

Like I said earlier, we've had numerous chances to be in the mix for CL and EL this season and we've continued to blow them. So we don't deserve Europe.

**** the rules, I for one think that the 6th place trophy win should give us direct entry to the CL group stage. Top 4 is overrated.

If City win the FA Cup and finish 5th (i.e. outside Champions League places), then it goes down to 6th place in the League and not the runners up in the FA Cup.

It will only go to Wigan if City finish in the top 4 and are therefore already awarded a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE place.

However, this is massively unlikely.

Last edited:
1447: Chelsea v Swansea (1500 BST)
A bit of a footnote to Chelsea's season is that should they win the Europa League, they will gain an extra place for English clubs presuming they qualify for Europe through their own league position.

I don't know if this has been brought up earlier, but I've just read this on the BBC website...

I don't know if this has been brought up earlier, but I've just read this on the BBC website...

The BBC are f***ing melts. It clearly says in the rules:

English winners of the UEFA Europa League will enter at the Group Stage, gaining an extra domestic place only if they fail to qualify through other means for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League. If the holders of the UEFA Europa League have already qualified for Europe, no extra domestic place will be gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.