Europa League possibility (Humour me here lads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of playing in this league if we don't want to qualify for European competition? For Christ's sake, we need to win a trophy and a European trophy would be fantastic! I'd gladly take that wherever we finished in the league the following season - providing we weren't relegated, of course.

Exactly! I despair so much at this attitude of CL or nothing. There really is no point bothering in that case as we're not getting it any time soon. The European nights are supposed to be for the fans, but an increasing number don't want them unless its in the elite competition (where we certainly don't belong). And the reality is all most care about is money. I even remember people saying its good we got knocked out the league cup so we could focus on top 4 etc (not success). And even if we won it people would rip it out of us for being so excited about winning the Mickey Mouse cup anyway.

'success' as deemed by sky has ruined football.

End of the day were not Newcastle, stoke ect ect... As we have done before we would cope with Europe, moyes would bring in extra players, whether that's loans/free's whatever we would cope... Europe or no Europe Newcastle would of still struggled this year because they were a flash in the pan.

The only benifit i see is attracting players . Put it this way if we did get in it then we would spend in the window

The only benifit i see is attracting players . Put it this way if we did get in it then we would spend in the window

Course we would. We're gonna spend this summer anyway so Europe would not be a problem. Also a great chance early on to give game time to the likes of stones Duffy Barkley lundstrum vellios ect...

End of the day. We're Everton. Everton NEED to be in some form of European Competition season in, season out. Simple.

If Newcastle go down a large part of that will be because of them being hurt by playing Europa League football. Stoke struggled with it the season before too.

Nope because Pardew is a fcuking sh1te manager (they were just extremely lucky last season) and despite spending huge they are still crap.

Nope because Pardew is a fcuking sh1te manager (they were just extremely lucky last season) and despite spending huge they are still crap.

I never understood his mentality of buying 9 French players. When you are in the crap and you need to pull together buying 9 Frenchmen is not high on my list of priorities. particularly 9 French footballers, Did anyone watch the shambles of the last Euros/WC? they hate each other never mind what any one else thinks of them

If Moyes could go out and buy Negredo, Moutinho, Lescott, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Donovan, Honda etc I'm sure we would be much improved but we're much more likely to be shopping in the same bargain bin that QPR found Park, Bosingwa and Granero unfortunately.
Sadly, not even in that bargain bin.

We're looking for cheap / free players who fit into our existing wage structure.

I am 99% certain (well, Harry Redknapp gave it away didn't he saying Bosingwa earns 75k a week and 'earning 150k for two weeks on the sideslines isn't bad work') that all three of them are on more money than most of our players, excluding Fellaini.

Not looked through this thread but basically do we want chelsea to lose tomorrow to possibly end up 5th, and if they win the europa league there'll be an extra slot?

Or do we want Spurs to lose so as we get 5th as even if chelsea finish 5th we don't get a slot if they win the cup and finish 5th?

Not looked through this thread but basically do we want chelsea to lose tomorrow to possibly end up 5th, and if they win the europa league there'll be an extra slot?

Or do we want Spurs to lose so as we get 5th as even if chelsea finish 5th we don't get a slot if they win the cup and finish 5th?

There's no extra space if they win the Europa League.

Pretty sure only hope is that Spurs loose their final 3 games and we win are remaining 2. Not likely obv but that is the only way we can get Europe (being in 5th).

There's a good chance we'll win our remaining two, especially if Chelsea win their next two meaning the game at Stamford Bridge will have absolutely nothing riding on it for them. Tottenham at least losing two and drawing the other would seem rather near impossible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.