Europa League possibility (Humour me here lads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say qpr, I say Chelsea 04/05 season. It's all down to how good your manager is at getting your team to gel really.

They signed Ferreira, Cech, Robben, Kezman, Drogba, Tiago, Carvalho, Morais and Jarosik. At best 5 out of the 9 were a success and Mourinho already knew two of those very well from Porto. And I imagine that Cech, Robben and Drogba had been on their radar for a long time. The signings also cost a combined £94.45m. If Moyes could go out and buy Negredo, Moutinho, Lescott, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Donovan, Honda etc I'm sure we would be much improved but we're much more likely to be shopping in the same bargain bin that QPR found Park, Bosingwa and Granero unfortunately.

And yet every time we've been in Europe it hasn't hurt our league performance. Guess which team I care more about.

If you offered it to Moyes I think he'd be torn on whether to accept the Europa League or not. If it was that great surely Liverpool and Southampton wouldn't be rejecting the fair play route. Your season would start earlier but it will probably be against part-timers, so you could rotate your side, and you could argue that it's more beneficial to be playing competitive games than friendlies. I imagine that they'll make more from their Far East tour than they would from going all the way in the Europa League.

Stoke are doing much better this year without the distraction of europe, like. Good point.

Maybe they're still hungover from it? It could have knocked them out of their rhythm and they haven't been able to get back to it as quickly as they thought.

If you offered it to Moyes I think he'd be torn on whether to accept the Europa League or not. If it was that great surely Liverpool and Southampton wouldn't be rejecting the fair play route. Your season would start earlier but it will probably be against part-timers, so you could rotate your side, and you could argue that it's more beneficial to be playing competitive games than friendlies. I imagine that they'll make more from their Far East tour than they would from going all the way in the Europa League.

THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL THAN MONEY.

Christ.

You have to play something like seven games before the actual Europa proper if you qualify through fair play, thats why Liverpool dont want it via that route. I'm not arsed what Liverpool and Southampton do anyway.

What's the point of playing in this league if we don't want to qualify for European competition? For Christ's sake, we need to win a trophy and a European trophy would be fantastic! I'd gladly take that wherever we finished in the league the following season - providing we weren't relegated, of course.

The Europa League is excellent and gives great experience to the players of playing European football. That is far more important than the lack of large financial reward. It just needs to be shortened that's all. The group stages should have less games or be abolished altogether which would make it more appealing.

I think the point is that at this stage of the season it would be great to be involved in the Europa League final stages.

It is the demands it would put on us in the firat half of the season which would, IMO, screw us next season.

That competition really needs streamlined.

Plus from a personal point of view, I hate Sunday afternoon football and there are way too many Sunday games when a team is involved in the Europa Cup.

There is nowhere more forlorn than County and Walton Roads on gloomy winter Sunday afternoons.

So whilst I would hope we could finish up the league as high as possible and even make the Europa League, I won't be losing any slleep if we miss out on it.

we wont finish in Europa sadly the table will stay how it is, would love the geordies to go down though would be the funniest thing ever shame they have QPR next who are already down though

Status
Not open for further replies.