Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might score 100 but will concede 120!

Another way of looking at it would be that we have 1 point from games we got 6 from last season.

Agree there is still things to be positive about, especially our attacking play
But if we win home + away against West Brom that'd be 6 points whereas last season we only got 2

I can't wait! Fed up of conceding six at Fortress Goodison.

Love the optimism, but too many frailties have crept in and I am not convinced from what I have seen since pre-season started.

Seriously, we dream of being to 4. Then you beat Leicester and Arsenal after taking leads. You get points from Chelsea, not embarrassed at home.

Still, always next week and the start of a 30 match unbeaten run ;)

My word what a knee jerk.... Haha

We'v played 3 games FFS!!!!!

AND against 2 of the teams challanging for the title. Chelsea are a machine this year mark my words!

That game yesterday, after an awful first 3 mins WHICH on another day could of seen BOTH goals disallowed for offside. We traded with them head to head and were a match in every way. 1 offside goal, 2 deflected, 1 screw up goal....

I'm not to down hearted after yesterday or the arsenal game tbh. The Leicester game wound me up more as there the games that will determine if we can get 4th.

It is far to early on to start panicking, lets hope this break does us good and we can start properly after the international break.

But if we win home + away against West Brom that'd be 6 points whereas last season we only got 2
Well, think about it this way. Through 3 games we're one point worse off than last season, having played much tougher fixtures. We should be targetting about 75 or 76 points, so really we just need to avoid going on a horrible run like Jan/Feb where we pick up something like 10/24 points from lower/midtable opposition. I think we'll score 15-20 more goals this season so if we concede 10 more I'd be fine with that.

What is a concern is giving up two one-goal leads at Leicester when well on top, throwing away a well deserved lead at home and then starting five minutes late against Chelski and then opening up like the Red Sea. The centre of the defence is a concern and so too is the early season for Of Tim the Beard... Apart from him rushing to the fray after Costa mouthed off at Seamus, he has been very disappointing for me. Living off a WC where to be frank he had a blinder in one game where just about every shot was at him or very close to him. He played well for the US but bless him, he's no Big Nev !!

A lot of games that feature the title challengers end up as big scoring ones because:

a) the quality on both teams.
b) if there's an early goal a team chases it opening up the game.

The fact we went toe to toe and had the better stats and scored 3 goals ironically given we conceded 6 shows our progress.

Plus our defenders where good last season. Something has gone wrong but hopefully it will be fixed.

Personally I still think the signs where there from pre-season but I also think we're getting better.

Well, think about it this way. Through 3 games we're one point worse off than last season, having played much tougher fixtures. We should be targetting about 75 or 76 points, so really we just need to avoid going on a horrible run like Jan/Feb where we pick up something like 10/24 points from lower/midtable opposition. I think we'll score 15-20 more goals this season so if we concede 10 more I'd be fine with that.

That's it. These results won't matter come the end of the season a part from Leicester (but arsenal also drew there and Chelsea didn't exactly hammer them at home). It's the games against lesser sides that will determine our fate.

Yes he did......

I don't seem to remember that being Moyes' last season...

We have to be realistic, the reason the defence were so good last season was because it was the cumulation of all the work he put in, the peak of it's powers. Martinez improved the team by introducing a patient passing game and concentrating on attack. However he seems to have completely neglected the defence. In all games this season AND preseason, the defence has been poor. That cannot be coincidence. Also, the fact the defence has been completely ignored in the transfer window suggests he believes it will just tick over.

Don't get me wrong, I think Martinez is exactly what Everton need, and without him we would almost certainly not have signed Lukaku and Eto'o on permanent deals. However, just like his Swansea and Wigan days, his defensive inadequacies have been found out.

Now, I'm no Moyes sympathiser. The way he's hang on to 1-0 leads against relegation fodder pissed me off, but he did know how to defend.

The relic you've dug up is not from his last few seasons, it does not represent the final product he left with the club. But then again, there were some steamers even then, but they were few and far between and they never represented a trend like the current team are.

However, just like his Swansea and Wigan days, his defensive inadequacies have been found out.

tumblr_n0fbsmjG771smg63do1_500.gif

What is a concern is giving up two one-goal leads at Leicester when well on top, throwing away a well deserved lead at home and then starting five minutes late against Chelski and then opening up like the Red Sea. The centre of the defence is a concern and so too is the early season for Of Tim the Beard... Apart from him rushing to the fray after Costa mouthed off at Seamus, he has been very disappointing for me. Living off a WC where to be frank he had a blinder in one game where just about every shot was at him or very close to him. He played well for the US but bless him, he's no Big Nev !!

I didn't mind when he had a go at Costa because of his snide attack on Seamus and I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

Sticking up for your mates isn't a bad thing.

However I think he should have stopped the first goal last week and quite possibly the second one as well.

And what the heck was he thinking that time he handled the ball outside the box yesterday?

I was waiting for the ref to produce a red card.

However I think he should have stopped the first goal last week and quite possibly the second one as well.

And what the heck was he thinking that time he handled the ball outside the box yesterday?

I was waiting for the ref to produce a red card.

I think that is what blockhead was referring to...

Status
Not open for further replies.