Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd one was well offside - turning point????

wasn't well offside, just a tad it seemed. the thing is the way ivanovic was coming back from the goal, those usually get given because it's easier to see that someone running through.

but the officials were utterly awful all match for both teams - they got so many worng, but the game was up straight away despite our efforts.

2nd one was well offside - turning point????
Officials were poor overall for both teams. Yes it was offside, but then a Chelsea fan would probably mention Howard outside the area and then the whole Costa / Azpillicueta. Swings and roundabouts.

The defence being horrendous was the turning point.

ha, if you read that into my post then fine.

was just pointing out how badly our defending let us down - it was a much closer game than the scoreline and the difference in teams suggest. people will say yeah but chelsea sat back after 2-0, but they scored 4 more so they obviously didn't.

We didn't play that badly, just defended the poorest we will all season and didn't quite have the luck in some areas.

Add; we need points for goals conceded / entertainment value provided to neutrals and opposition fans as well.

We didn't play badly, God help us if we ever have a proper off day then.

It's a worrying trend... is me being kind.

We have 2 days to get in any additions and 2 weeks to work on the problem so all is not lost. It may just be Martinez's equivalent of Moyeses 2nd season 17th finish, sometimes you have to go back to go forward... we hope.

-we scored 3 against a Chelsea team that are ridiculously good at closing down with a lead
-we are probably the only team that will put 3 past them this season and you can bet Jose is fuming
-we have faced 2 of the best attacking teams in the league in these 3 games
-our defence will get it together
-it looks like we've just signed our best striker on a free
-naismith is boss
-we don't even have barkley in the team now
-we will score 80 league goals this year
-imagine this attack against europa league competition
-lukaku hasn't even started slotting yet ffs we could score 100
we conceded 6 at home

We got a hiding.
Yes we got beat, but it was not so long ago teams like Chelsea came and had the ball for seventy minutes. Yesterday we really challenged Chelsea a fabulous side and with better defending could of won it. That match yesterday was a joy to watch. Going to be agreat season.

Yes we got beat, but it was not so long ago teams like Chelsea came and had the ball for seventy minutes. Yesterday we really challenged Chelsea a fabulous side and with better defending could of won it. That match yesterday was a joy to watch. Going to be agreat season.

That's the spirit.

;)

I can't wait! Fed up of conceding six at Fortress Goodison.

Love the optimism, but too many frailties have crept in and I am not convinced from what I have seen since pre-season started.

Seriously, we dream of being to 4. Then you beat Leicester and Arsenal after taking leads. You get points from Chelsea, not embarrassed at home.

Still, always next week and the start of a 30 match unbeaten run ;)

I can't wait! Fed up of conceding six at Fortress Goodison.

Love the optimism, but too many frailties have crept in and I am not convinced from what I have seen since pre-season started.

Seriously, we dream of being to 4. Then you beat Leicester and Arsenal after taking leads. You get points from Chelsea, not embarrassed at home.

Still, always next week and the start of a 30 match unbeaten run ;)

I'll drink to that, pass the pint Mrs.

Calm down? We've coincided 8 goals in 100 minutes of football, an lucky it wasn't more, Costa hit the post while off side and Howard attually saved something. Right now we look like we will coincided every time the opposition go forward. We havnt even played a team that good from corners yet

Status
Not open for further replies.