Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't seem to remember that being Moyes' last season...

The relic you've dug up is not from his last few seasons, it does not represent the final product he left with the club. But then again, there were some steamers even then, but they were few and far between and they never represented a trend like the current team are.

Arsenal 7 Everton 0

Everton 1 Arsenal 6.

The worst away and home defeats I have witnessed during all my years following the Blues.

Both under Moyes.

These were not from his final season... They were from the end of the 2008/09 season and the 2009/10 seasons. Three years before he finished. They do not represent the solid defence he left Martinez!

What with all the removing reputation points because people disagree, bicycleheader. Stop being a baby, face up to the fact that Martinez is not the Messiah any more than Moyes wasn't. We are not as advanced as any of us would like. It's a process and it's a case of reflection and improvement. However, if we do not get a good CF in the window on Monday, it will only be a bad thing.

Nobody is calling Martinez a messiah however the lids calling for his head or suggesting he is a poor manager are knee jerking nonsense blerts.

Anyone complaining about being negged may want to take a long hard look at how they are putting their opinions across and maybe take a few days to chill before posting.

Or maybe they're all kopites

I need some sleep FFS

Nobody is calling Martinez a messiah however the lids calling for his head or suggesting he is a poor manager are knee jerking nonsense blerts.

Anyone complaining about being negged may want to take a long hard look at how they are putting their opinions across and maybe take a few days to chill before posting.

Or maybe they're all kopites

I need some sleep FFS

Totally disagree. Having a contrary opinion is not a reason to be "negged". It's lame. Some people just can't debate, it's easier for them.

I don't seem to remember that being Moyes' last season...

We have to be realistic, the reason the defence were so good last season was because it was the cumulation of all the work he put in, the peak of it's powers. Martinez improved the team by introducing a patient passing game and concentrating on attack. However he seems to have completely neglected the defence. In all games this season AND preseason, the defence has been poor. That cannot be coincidence. Also, the fact the defence has been completely ignored in the transfer window suggests he believes it will just tick over.

Don't get me wrong, I think Martinez is exactly what Everton need, and without him we would almost certainly not have signed Lukaku and Eto'o on permanent deals. However, just like his Swansea and Wigan days, his defensive inadequacies have been found out.

Now, I'm no Moyes sympathiser. The way he's hang on to 1-0 leads against relegation fodder pissed me off, but he did know how to defend.

The relic you've dug up is not from his last few seasons, it does not represent the final product he left with the club. But then again, there were some steamers even then, but they were few and far between and they never represented a trend like the current team are.

All opinion, completely subjective with not very much to back it up, yet stated as if irrefutable fact.

Too much stuff like this all over threads lately.

Is common sense and patience lasting beyond a couple of games into the season and a meaningless preseason schedule too much to ask?

These were not from his final season... They were from the end of the 2008/09 season and the 2009/10 seasons. Three years before he finished. They do not represent the solid defence he left Martinez!

And you point is?

Are these results to be expunged just because it doesn't suit the anti Martinez narrative?

Not by me they won't.

But if you want an example of shambolic defending from the arse end of the Moyes era, when the "solid defence" was in place then look no further than the day Wigan came to town in the Cup.

Of the 3-3 draw with Villa when that exemplar of brilliant late Moyes era defending, Johnny H, was in his pomp.

There was some great defending on display on those days.

All opinion, completely subjective with not very much to back it up, yet stated as if irrefutable fact.

Too much stuff like this all over threads lately.

Is common sense and patience lasting beyond a couple of games into the season and a meaningless preseason schedule too much to ask?

I didn't see you publicly refute any of my comments.

Regarding your preseason comment, I expect the senior players to play well during this period. The mistakes by stones were unforgivable and Dustin didn't fair any better.

I watched all the games via the official website and I just ended up feeling concerned. The same level of disorganisation was seen in the second goal at Leicester as well as both arsenal goals. Never mind the Chelsea game, ALL their goals had massive defensive errors with the exception of the first as the whole team didn't turn up.

Totally disagree. Having a contrary opinion is not a reason to be "negged". It's lame. Some people just can't debate, it's easier for them.
Plenty of people on this forum have contrary opinions and don't neg each other - rather they engage in well reasoned often humorous debate and homoerotic tomfoolery.

Maybe you aren't camp enough lid and that's why you are getting negged?

Surely it can't be because your chatting tosh?

Last edited:
And you point is?

Are these results to be expunged just because it doesn't suit the anti Martinez narrative?

Not by me they won't.

But if you want an example of shambolic defending from the arse end of the Moyes era, when the "solid defence" was in place then look no further than the day Wigan came to town in the Cup.

Of the 3-3 draw with Villa when that exemplar of brilliant late Moyes era defending, Johnny H, was in his pomp.

There was some great defending on display on those days.

Did you not read the whole of my posts?

I am NOT anti Martinez. What I am saying, just like Wigan and Swansea, he's shown that defending is not his strong point. Last year was a transition. The defence was organised as Moyes would have done it.

That stability has been removed and the confidence of our defense has collapsed.

Did you not read the whole of my posts?

I am NOT anti Martinez. What I am saying, just like Wigan and Swansea, he's shown that defending is not his strong point. Last year was a transition. The defence was organised as Moyes would have done it.

That stability has been removed and the confidence of our defense has collapsed.

Please address the point.

What was so great about the defending against Wigan and Villa in the latter days of Moyes?

Please address the point.

What was so great about the defending against Wigan and Villa in the latter days of Moyes?

That's a strawman argument. I stated that moyes tactics with regards to defending were, in large, more effective than what martinez has shown this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.