3 Toffees to Hibs on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't rule out some of the second year under 18 lads, when Roberto talks about James Mcarthy one of the things he often mentions is the fact that he was playing first team men's football at 15 for Sterling and credits his football know how to the amount of experience he has for his age. If the youngsters are considered to be physically upto it then they might go out. It might just be short-term and then swap with some of the other lads.

thats not a bad point to be honest

No need to apologise, I think its a pretty realistic view point if you are looking at Hibs as a stand alone entity but I was putting 2 and 2 together with the inclusion of Stubbs at Hibs and believing their has been dialogue between the clubs regarding players.

While you obviously don't rate the level Hibs are currently at maybe Martinez does who does seem to have a vast knowledge of this particular market, add to that thenStubbs/Everton connection then I think the liklihood of Hibs getting Everton players does increase.

Forgot Stubbs was there! Makes sense now!

Would love Hibs to hit the jackpot with some young blue talent
Best of luck Micky, hope you have a cracking season kid ;).

Thanks very much Reymondo, goes without saying the feeling is mutual, apart from seeing my team win a trophy next season i'd love to see Everton win one too

Moyes didnt take Stubbs to Man utd and Martinez never moved him up to a first team role instead preferring outsiders or those with less experience.

I think its telling that Unsworth chose to stay at the club.

Anyway I do hope that he isnt as bad as a lot of us believe and maybe it will benefit both you and us.
I think this is too harsh. I would wish him and his one bollock well.

....as mentioned, I recall RM saying he thinks Scotland is a useful league for talent so he might well be happy for our lads to continue their development up there, especially under the continuity of Stubbs. We could all be 'plastic Hibees' if it happens.

Absolutely agree on that, the Scottish Leagues are fast paced and very physical but there has also been a conscious effort to play more football in the last 5 years or so but even still, I dont think its a place for many U18s regardless of how much potential they've got.
I dunno so much, McCarthy was playing first division football in Scotland at 15 years old (just) and SPL level at 17. Those three years of first team football in the Scotland gave him the maturity/footballing brain most other players don't get until they're in their mid 20's.
Aye you might learn a slightly tougher game up here but the SPL isn't bad especially for a youngster racking up first team experience.

Didn't Stubbs say he is interested in trying t get Duffy on loan?...not sure if we would let him on on load though to Hibs. On flipside...there is a plus if they will get much game time and having some like Stubbs overseeing their development might benefit us as he know a lot about the way we would like to train/use the players etc. Thus taking all into consideration it can be a win/win situation for both clubs to send them some of our more promising players for the future to give them game-time.

I think it would be a good move Green, Pennington, Kennedy, Hope and maybe even Long. Lundstram and Browning should be playing Championship football (hopefully at a good Championship club too). McAleny, Duffy and Garbutt will all be with the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.